Author Topic: Power Outage!  (Read 7247 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
Power Outage!
« on: November 13, 2006, 09:04:29 am »
Yay!! Classes are cancelled today because of a power outage!!  Well, atleast until Noon, but I only have one class after that!  YAY!!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: Power Outage!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:34:01 am »
Slacker.  A committed student would bring candles.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 10:29:15 am »
I don't think so! :P
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 11:00:43 am »
You're right, a real engineering school would have half the school trying to fix it in a matter of minutes  :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 11:07:36 am »
Wait, if there's a power outage........ how are you posting!?

I call shenanigans!  Everybody, go home and get your brooms!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 11:17:50 am »
Wait, if there's a power outage........ how are you posting!?

I call shenanigans!  Everybody, go home and get your brooms!

He probably jacked wifi from a nearby business without thinking. <3 big cities. That and, of course, his laptop battery.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 12:17:02 pm »
Except... that... Rolla ...isn't a big city.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 02:03:34 pm »
Yeah, Rolla is a little city.  Either way, the power is out for the rest of the day. ^^

I can use the Internet because the power is only out on the main part of the campus, but not in my Hall.  There are about 4 buildings with power,  but those aren't buildings used to conduct classes.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 10:43:17 pm »
Lucky bastard. That might have happened to me last Wednesday, but they fixed it :(.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:38:17 pm »
We had a similar thing happen to my school, except power was out for 2-3 days which was a nice needed break since it had previously snowed really bad here and was close to semester tests so extra study time :P
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Miamiandy

• SpAm In ThE cAn
    • View Profile
    • MyHouseGeek
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:08:56 pm »
Lucky. My school believes power isn't important. One of the 3 transformer's at my highschool blew out one day before school started. It had to be the one that powered all the A/C. Combine no A/C, the fact that it was like one of the last days of August (in Miami, meaning it was scalding hot,) and the fact that they decided school should go on as normal. I mean, really, by 4th period it was too hot to do anything. Well, not anything, my 4th period English teacher broke out a deck of cards and a case of poker chips and we played poker (SHE SUPPLIED THE CARDS/CHIPS.)

Now the A/C in this school is always an issue, whenever the fire alarm goes off the A/C shuts off and maybe 80% of the time it breaks for a day or so in certain buildings. With that figure combined with 1 drill a month plus 2-3 false alarms a month it is pretty annoying.

Fire alarms are another issue, they are so often false or drills that if we ever had a real fire no one would evacuate. Yes, I am completely serious. Once there was a fire in the bathroom across the hall, no fire alarm ever went off...

And the administration decided, it was a minor fire and no need to call the fire department. Midn you, smoke was filling up the hall and my classrom.
Want to meet someone famous?  Cut out this coupon!

|This coupon good for  \
|ONE FREE hunting        \
|expedition with            /
|Dick Cheney.             /

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 02:37:54 pm »
Lucky. My school believes power isn't important. One of the 3 transformer's at my highschool blew out one day before school started. It had to be the one that powered all the A/C. Combine no A/C, the fact that it was like one of the last days of August (in Miami, meaning it was scalding hot,) and the fact that they decided school should go on as normal. I mean, really, by 4th period it was too hot to do anything. Well, not anything, my 4th period English teacher broke out a deck of cards and a case of poker chips and we played poker (SHE SUPPLIED THE CARDS/CHIPS.)

Now the A/C in this school is always an issue, whenever the fire alarm goes off the A/C shuts off and maybe 80% of the time it breaks for a day or so in certain buildings. With that figure combined with 1 drill a month plus 2-3 false alarms a month it is pretty annoying.

Fire alarms are another issue, they are so often false or drills that if we ever had a real fire no one would evacuate. Yes, I am completely serious. Once there was a fire in the bathroom across the hall, no fire alarm ever went off...

And the administration decided, it was a minor fire and no need to call the fire department. Midn you, smoke was filling up the hall and my classrom.
Lmfao!!  That sucks. I suppose that's what you get for living in Miami. :P

We had a similar thing happen to my school, except power was out for 2-3 days which was a nice needed break since it had previously snowed really bad here and was close to semester tests so extra study time :P
Well, this is our last week before Thanksgiving break, which is a week long.  A three day weekend preceeding a week off. ^^
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 10:50:52 pm »
Well, this is our last week before Thanksgiving break, which is a week long.  A three day weekend preceeding a week off. ^^

I am hate you. I have this Friday off from school, plus next Thursday and Friday. You'd think they'd have the decency in them to give us the day before thanksgiving off, too.. but, nope.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Miamiandy

• SpAm In ThE cAn
    • View Profile
    • MyHouseGeek
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 11:05:08 pm »
My school has been nice recently. Had last Tuesday off because elections stations are at the public schools and the county was worried about security issues. And I hear they wanted the faculty to volunteer as poll workers. I had that Friday off as well for Veteran's Day. I have early release tomorrow get out of school 2.5 hours early. It happens a few times a year. So they can have faculty wide meetings. And next week I have Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving. Though I might take Wednesday off as well if we aren't doing anything in school so that I can get a head start on the drive to Naples for Thanksgiving. I'm driving my grandparents and my parents drive my younger brothers. While my older brother ditches us to go to the UM football game and Thanksgiving day. Though I don't blame him. He won 4 VIP passes that get him on field for the game and such.
Want to meet someone famous?  Cut out this coupon!

|This coupon good for  \
|ONE FREE hunting        \
|expedition with            /
|Dick Cheney.             /

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 12:29:22 am »