Author Topic: A Static Lullaby @ The Cave  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
A Static Lullaby @ The Cave
« on: November 25, 2006, 03:54:38 pm »
"The A Static Lullaby headlining tour starts October 16! They'll be bringing along I Am Ghost, The Classic Crime and So They Say!"

They were suppose to play near my area, but shit happened and they ended up having to play near Quik's area :/ ~!

Basically, I went to support my local band (like they go to my school), Sympathy Ends. They're awesome check out their myspace for music. (I know you guys hate myspace, but it's worth it, trust me.)  I've known their drummer since the sixth grade, and she's awesome. Unfortunately, she wasn't their and neither was their bassist, so they had to play with backups. The drummer was off a little, but it didn't really distract.  The bassist arrived on their second to last song and ran up stage. Anyways, they lost power on their last song and pretty much the show was a wreck for them. I hope to catch them at their next show if the drummer will be there.

Next came Stalin's War, I guess they were added last minute because they weren't even on that poster thingy. I was surprised they had a female lead vocalist, but she turned out to have an amazing voice, so long as she didn't scream. I'm guessing they were another localish band, but didn't impress me or the crowd all too much.

I don't remember if there was a band before So They Say or not, but if there wasn't then the first half of their set sucked. I think they lost vocals due to power issues once. I remember the end of their show was great, and impressed my friend enough to make him buy their album. Well, on to the better bands of the night!

Based on how crowded it was and how many people left after The Classic Crime finished, I'd say they drew in the largest crowd. They started energizing the crowd and had some great music. My friend bought their album. Lost vocals due to power issues for a couple songs as well. Got the crowd involved in several songs including "The Coldest Heart" where they got a fair amount of people going "WHOA-O-OH-OH"

I Am Ghost was probably the most hardcore out of all of them. Lower turnout than The Classic Crime, but they had massive partiticipation by the crowd. They pretty much lost vocals on every song, but it didn't matter because the crowd filled in the lyrics. They had a female violin(?) player, though you could barely hear it over the guitars and drums. I watched these two little kids go at it, it was pretty funny. Crazy action up in front with people jumping and piling on each other. I'd say the put on the best show that night. My friend bought their CD too, he's now broke haha.

Finally, there was A Static Lullaby. I came to listen to them and Sympathy Ends, and they put on a good show. They didn't lose vocals because I guess they finally decided to turn off extra lighting for the power. Of course, they had the longest set and I'd say that they sound better live that on CD, as with most of the other bands now that I think of it. On the second to last song, the vocalists from So They Say and The Classic Crime got on stage midway through. On the last song, the vocalist for I Am Ghost hopped on stage and things just got nuts.

Sorry for the shitty review, it's my first and my first concert :P! So yea, great bands support them (especially Sympathy Ends :))!
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: A Static Lullaby @ The Cave
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:04:16 am »
I didn't think they still had shows at The Cave. wtf.

What's with the bands these days, playin at The Cave? Mannn, I was going there back when Plans For Revenge was still together.

Can't say much for having heard of any of these bands except for A Static Lullaby, which I wouldn't pay to go see. =/
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: A Static Lullaby @ The Cave
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 12:30:51 pm »
They're now "The Cave Productions" :P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology