Author Topic: Sleeping mat company refuses to sell to soldiers  (Read 6960 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Sleeping mat company refuses to sell to soldiers
« on: January 21, 2007, 06:42:52 pm »
It might be old news, but an American company http://www.discount-mats.com/ is refusing to send sleeping mats to our soldiers in Iraq.

I have already used the contact now button to send my thoughts.

It even made Snopes as being true:http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/apo.asp
I bet this hits the O'Reilly factor soon...there has already been enough online stir to force the Discount Mat site to close (whether from traffic or by their own choice, I do not know)

Offline chuck

• Canadian Biathlete
    • View Profile
    • Chucks Blog
Re: Sleeping mat company refuses to sell to soldiers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 06:54:43 pm »
Heh...
Discount-Mats.com is Experiencing Technical Difficulties...

If you are inquiring about your order, please contact us via phone or email.

Thank you for your understanding & patience.

I see no contact button though...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:56:20 pm by chuck »
Chucks Blog
JavaOp2 Plugins

Error, keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:23:36 pm »
Quote from: vader716
Courtesy of waybackmachine

Bargain Suppliers
3259 S.106th Street
West Allis, WI 53227

contact@discount-mats.com

Phone:  414-736-8394

Jerks :mad:
...from another site I visit

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:32:46 pm »
What motherfuckers.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »
Quote from: lees99f150
Here's further contact information from the domain's whois info:

Registrant:
Faisal Khetani
PO Box 270693
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53227
United States

Registered through: Teknon Domains
Domain Name: DISCOUNT-MATS.COM
Created on: 23-Mar-05
Expires on: 23-Mar-08
Last Updated on: 03-Mar-06

Administrative Contact:
Khetani, Faisal sportsfitness@gmail.com
3259 S.106th Street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53227
United States
(414) 543-9634 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Khetani, Faisal sportsfitness@gmail.com
3259 S.106th Street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53227
United States
(414) 543-9634 Fax --
more info

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 08:39:48 pm »
That could've been an email from some asshole who is now fired. But if that is what the company believes, fuck them.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 08:41:11 pm »
Oh my God they have a political opinion that's different from yours!  Let's get all pissed off!

Who the hell cares?  The guy in Iraq can get his mat from elsewhere, and life is good. 

trust

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 09:03:18 pm »
Oh my God they have a political opinion that's different from yours!  Let's get all pissed off!

Who the hell cares?  The guy in Iraq can get his mat from elsewhere, and life is good. 

Before I even went to read your reply I knew this is what you were going to say. The fact is these men in Iraq volunteered to defend this country, either directly or indirectly. This company is disrespecting the very means that allows them to freely trade their goods and live happy and free lives. They are a disgrace. It's not relevant if they have a differing opinion of the war, the fact is they are disrespecting a United States soldier.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 09:05:13 pm »

I don't care about their political opinion. I just don't like the basis on which they refused to provide service to them.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 10:12:25 pm »
So?  Is there a law against having a political opinion? 

Last time I checked, people aren't under any obligation to support your government.  Isn't that part of "freedom"?  Or do you only subscribe to the parts of "freedom" that suit you?

Perhaps we should call Orwell's Thought Police to sort this out. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 10:14:49 pm »
isnt it freedom for the rest of us to voice our opinions to them, be it by mail, email, mass internet uproar, or what have you?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 10:45:02 pm »
isnt it freedom for the rest of us to voice our opinions to them, be it by mail, email, mass internet uproar, or what have you?
Yes, you're absolutely free to annoy people.  Just as I'm free to think that anybody who does so should get a life. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 10:54:21 pm »

Why are they insulting the soldiers? The soldiers chose to go there you ignorant fool. Political opinion is no legitimate reason to refuse service.

They're going to lose business from the soldiers because of their political opinion. So, those reacting like us (you know, decent Americans) are going to make them lose even more business so that they go under for refusing service to the soldiers.

Freedom. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 10:59:57 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 11:08:25 pm »

Why are they insulting the soldiers? The soldiers chose to go there you ignorant fool. Political opinion is no legitimate reason to refuse service.

They're going to lose business from the soldiers because of their political opinion. So, those reacting like us (you know, decent Americans) are going to make them lose even more business so that they go under for refusing service to the soldiers.

Freedom. :)
I think it is legitimate, but maybe "widely accepted" makes more sense.  They can refuse service to whomever, they can also lose all of their business & fold, MUWAHAHAHA!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 11:40:15 pm »
Before I even went to read your reply I knew this is what you were going to say. The fact is these men in Iraq volunteered to defend this country, either directly or indirectly. This company is disrespecting the very means that allows them to freely trade their goods and live happy and free lives. They are a disgrace. It's not relevant if they have a differing opinion of the war, the fact is they are disrespecting a United States soldier.

That's not how the millitary gets its soldiers. Yeah, you're definately right for a few percent -- a few of them are going to risk their lives for their countries, but when the US isn't at war (five years ago or so), a high school graduate looks for career options but realizes he's broke and still wants to go to college. So, what do you do? Free military training and paid-for college, plus once you retire you get a check every month for the rest of your life allowing you an early retirement.. k, sounds good. And later, war, but you're in the military. As I said, a few joined to defend their country to the death, but I doubt anyone joined in 2000 saying "Osama bin Laden is going to bomb us next year and I'm going to kick his ass."

AFAIK Canada doesn't recognize the American constitution in governing it's internet services, and even if it did recognize American laws and whatnot, iago could still say you're tresspassing his property (not necessarily land) by using these forums for posting things like this -- which I have no objection to personally, but he could.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.