Author Topic: Super LAN Party @ Ron's House!  (Read 25186 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Super LAN Party @ Ron's House!
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2005, 09:10:17 pm »
Damn, that's awesome dude.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2005, 09:52:30 pm »
How do you have a "Linux installfest"?  Don't you just install it once, and then write it to all the harddrives? Why would there be more than a single person?  Or am I not understanding this right?
It's a way for the school club to promote Linux use (and their club).  They provide distros (or how to get them), serve pizza and drinks, and give stuff away (no doubt some stuffed Tuxes).  They also provide support for everyone to get them off the ground.
Hmm, I should start one like that!  Of course, then I'd have to talk to the CSSA, and they're total wankers (or nerds), even I fear them. 

LAN Party and my house. We can steal the PPL buildings WiFi.
Just a note: intruding on somebody else's network without permission is very much illegal.  It's just as illegal as hacking somebody to obtain access to their network.  Just a warning :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2005, 10:46:54 pm »
Send me a tux!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2005, 11:47:03 pm »
Me too.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2005, 02:47:28 am »
How do you have a "Linux installfest"? Don't you just install it once, and then write it to all the harddrives? Why would there be more than a single person? Or am I not understanding this right?
It's a way for the school club to promote Linux use (and their club). They provide distros (or how to get them), serve pizza and drinks, and give stuff away (no doubt some stuffed Tuxes). They also provide support for everyone to get them off the ground.
Hmm, I should start one like that! Of course, then I'd have to talk to the CSSA, and they're total wankers (or nerds), even I fear them.

You know you have no life when iago calls you a nerd.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny