Author Topic: Dual Enrollment/PSEO  (Read 8520 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Enrollment/PSEO
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 11:25:28 pm »
I dunno.  I don't have any yet.  But my friend does (he's a pre-Junior, I think).

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 12:27:04 am »
The second sounds like it might actually be amusing! Sounds like a good topic for you actually -- I'm sure your instructor will be pretty impressed, assuming you don't confuse the shit out of him because I doubt he knows how to use a computer for anything but word processing anyhow. :P. (Note, no sarcasm either)
It's actually very basic and doesn't have any technical terms in it.  I did my best to try and avoid confusing the hell out of the people that would read it and see if I would get in.  While sounding technical does have its positives, it also has a LOT of negatives.  If the person you're conveying your message to can't understand what you're saying, there's not a very good chance that person will listen to you and consider what you said.

College classes vary greatly in length. Some of mine are 50 minutes, others go up to 80.  Labs can last up to 5 hours at times and I know of one or two classes that have 7 hour labs (ridiculous!).

Seriously the only word of caution I have for getting into college early is that if you get in early, you make yourself inelligible for a looooot of scholarships.
I doubt the 7 hour labs are consistent.  Also, I can deal with an 80 minute class where I'm doing something (listening to a lecture counts.. lectures are pretty neat).  I also doubt that many classes I would be taking if I were admitted (things in the College of Biological Sciences and the rest of my high school requirements [Statistics, US Gov't, Freshmen Composition, World History, World Literature, Economics]) will require labs.  While I'm not contesting that I won't get any labs (which isn't true), they probably won't be very long from what my brother's told me about biology classes.

Really?  How so?  I would think that (logically speaking) if I did very well in a college two years earlier and took RIGOROUS classes (not fencing or some stupid bullshit like that) that many colleges would look at my high school-college transcript when I'm applying for real college and be impressed.  Anyways, I'm probably going to go undergrad here at the U of M because it's *much* cheaper and I don't have to pay for dorms.  I'm pretty sure the U of M would look at my transcript a bit more heavily after they see that I've gotten two years of college with THEM with good grades.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 11:54:44 am »
You become ineligible for a lot of them simply because you are not a traditional student and unfortunately most of the non-traditional student scholarships stipulate that you are a transfer student, are married, over 25, or one of a few other things I can't remember.  Its a 'need' more than a reward thing when it comes to non-traditional financial aide.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 05:01:10 pm »
Oh, well.  Ultimately, if I get into med school without a full ride, I'll be in debt anyways.  Two years college free versus four years saving some money.. Idunno.  I'm sure if I get accepted, I could talk to the counselor about that.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 07:24:35 pm »
You become ineligible for a lot of them simply because you are not a traditional student and unfortunately most of the non-traditional student scholarships stipulate that you are a transfer student, are married, over 25, or one of a few other things I can't remember.  Its a 'need' more than a reward thing when it comes to non-traditional financial aide.
On active military service is one of them, and being below the poverty line is another.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 10:00:44 pm »
I dropped off the application today.. I find out in May.  I'm anxious as all hell. :\

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2007, 04:13:14 pm »
So, I found out.
I can go full-time at the University of Minnesota starting Fall 2007. :)

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 03:15:59 am »
Full time as in you're done with high school now?

Congratulations, either way. That's gotta be pretty awesome. Good luck!
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.