Author Topic: Red State  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
Re: Red State
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 08:39:52 pm »
And possibly Matt Damon....
True, but Matt Damon hasn't been in all his films.

Ben Affleck, I'd say is almost guaranteed (he was in every movie since Mallrats, and played the leading role in half of them)
Jason Mewes, almost guaranteed
Brian O'Halloran, almost guaranteed (he's never failed to be in a KS movie)

Jeff Anderson, I hope. He's my favorite actor in any KS movie
Matt Damon, likely, but not guaranteed

Bryan Johnson / Walt Flannigan, I hope they make an appearance. "You tell 'em, Steve Dave!"

Scott Mosier, almost guaranteed to produce it, and I'm sure he'll make a cameo appearance

Other than that, and that Kevin Smith may also make an appearance, I'm not sure who else to expect. But I imagine the cast will mostly be made up of his friends (ie, the people above), since they work for fairly cheap and they're great actors.

I also wonder if Jay and Silent Bob will be in it. After Jersey Girl, he said that he would never make another movie without Jay and Silent Bob, although he may have been joking.
I'm not sure Mewes will be in it, I seem re remember hearing, or reading Kevin saying that he won't be in annother movie 'til He's been clean for 5 years (after clerks 2.) It's like a reward for him. I'm not sure if that means a whole Jay and Bob movie, or any Jay and Bob rolls.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 08:58:59 pm »
Well, he's been clean for 4 years, and Red State isn't even written yet. So I think it should be ok.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 10:25:22 pm »

No, anybody who insults Kevin Smith isn't welcome here. That's just the way it is.
sorry to hear that.. well i did watch jay and silent bob and it was pretty funny. "we are the Clits" ROFL so i guess hes not too bad.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 11:02:04 pm »

No, anybody who insults Kevin Smith isn't welcome here. That's just the way it is.
sorry to hear that.. well i did watch jay and silent bob and it was pretty funny. "we are the Clits" ROFL so i guess hes not too bad.
On the surface, I think that was the worst movie he ever made. It was all stupid jokes, and no really appealing storyline.

On the other hand, almost every scene in it made reference to a movie he made, an actor he worked with, or something in his life. I liked it a lot from that angle, but that one only works for people who know his work well. To quote Kevin Smith, "it's basically a $20m in-joke"

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 12:01:25 am »

On the surface, I think that was the worst movie he ever made. It was all stupid jokes, and no really appealing storyline.

It was a funny yet awful movie. Heh.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 01:37:16 am »
I liked Jay and Silent Bob Fight Back. Sure, it was stupid jokes, but laughing at their idiocy for two hours or so made it all worth it. :)

By the way, when my friend Tory and I watched Dogma, we laughed after I reminded him that George Carlin played "Mr. Conductor" on Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, as well as narrated some of it. [Information you need to understand this: We both watched that show when we were little.]
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 06:55:04 am »
STRIKE

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:40 am »
all those movies sucked balls

You have an extremely poor taste in movies if you truly stand by that.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 11:27:48 am »

Or, he has a different taste in movies and you're silly for insulting him for disagreeing with you.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 12:08:57 pm »
Or, he has a different taste in movies and you're silly for insulting him for disagreeing with you.
Nonsense! Everybody's equal, which is to say they are the same, which is to say we all should like the same things.  Therefore, if one does not like everything I like, one is unequal. Furthermore, I can say that because I am at the top, said one must be less.   ;D
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 01:42:38 pm »
Nonsense! Everybody's equal, which is to say they are the same, which is to say we all should like the same things.  Therefore, if one does not like everything I like, one is unequal. Furthermore, I can say that because I am at the top, said one must be less.   ;D

lol

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 12:32:31 am »

But it's BigAznDaddy, therefore he sucks.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.