Author Topic: BOOM goes the iago's house!  (Read 17396 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: BOOM goes the iago's house!
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2006, 08:37:54 pm »
Hmm, I'd personally go the other way.  Any country that's still living their lives by a document written 200 years ago should be at the bottom. 

I'm surprised that since you believe this, you're not using bleeding-edge Windows software and such.

I thought you were for things that were stable and established.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2006, 08:39:50 pm »
Hmm, I'd personally go the other way.  Any country that's still living their lives by a document written 200 years ago should be at the bottom. 

I'm surprised that since you believe this, you're not using bleeding-edge Windows software and such.

I use bleeding-edge Linux software.  Most of what I have is the early releases of new versions.  Windows doesn't have bleeding edge tools, only released software. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2006, 10:30:07 pm »
Haha... that's a kind of bad analogy.

We use the same backbone.  I'm extremely politically illiterate (I choose to be), but I'm pretty sure we have multitudes of amendments.  How long has Canada used its same Consitution?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2006, 10:41:35 pm »
Haha... that's a kind of bad analogy.

We use the same backbone.  I'm extremely politically illiterate (I choose to be), but I'm pretty sure we have multitudes of amendments.  How long has Canada used its same Consitution?
I'm not sure how long we've had a constitution, or if we even have one.  we've only been a country since 1867, so it can't be more than 130 years old. 

Anyways, I was joking :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2006, 12:49:15 am »
Agreed. Any country that has been using the same constitution and declaration for more then 200 years now should be up there.

So basically the mid east is like the worst part of the world?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 12:55:15 am »

By using Linux he's prepared for even the stable software to break at times. If we don't want that, we'll use Windows.

Living in America, stable things break too. The alternative is Canada.

@CrAz3D: I think that the Koran is a lot older than that. As for the Torah, that was written two years after the world began (I believe), but that's a different story.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 01:03:12 am »
Mid east = muslim/islam/whatever = koran, no?............

As for the Torah, that was written two years after the world began (I believe), but that's a different story.
2 years after the world began?.........so like before life of ANYTHING existed?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 01:10:03 am »
Crazed: you can't prove that Joe's beliefs are false.  He can't prove that they're true either, but that's not the point.  He can believe that the world began shortly before the Toran was written if he wants.

Also, Joe, wasn't Genesis and whatnot written by Moses?  He lived quite a while after the world began.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2006, 01:14:12 am »
Crazed: you can't prove that Joe's beliefs are false.  He can't prove that they're true either, but that's not the point.  He can believe that the world began shortly before the Toran was written if he wants.

no, Joe's thing would be unpossible (I know, its wrong).......writing was invented ... like 2000 bc....writing was invented by people....who did we invent something before we existed?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2006, 08:06:56 am »
Actually I'd say that for any country which has been around for longer than about 400 years.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 12:34:37 pm »
Actually I'd say that for any country which has been around for longer than about 400 years.

The US didnt becomes its own country from Great Britians hold until 1776. So that would make us around 230 years old. Not even close to 400.

Ignorance is bliss. 2 years after the world was made would send us back almost 100 billion years ago [If that] You cant really prove a doucment was written back then and it is still in its entirety to this day.

@Joe. If you can answer this one question I will STFU on the bible all togther. Why isnt there one seard of Text mention on the dinosaurs in the Bible, Koran, Toran? I would really like to hear your answer. I have got the following from friends/HardcoreChristans.

1. "Noah didnt like the dinosaurs so he didnt let them on the boat"
2. "When Jesus was killed The dinosaurs died"

And my all time favorite

3. "Dinosaurs were never real. People just made bones and put them togther to look like Dinosaurs."    
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2006, 12:52:49 pm »
How do you know the 7 days described were the days we have now? A 'day' could have meant 5 billion years, 2 seconds, or any period of time. The animals he created could have included dinosaurs for all we know, as the Bible doesn't get specific. The animals he created 'Monday' could've died out by 'Thursday'. Even if that was not the case, as Sidoh said, Joe should be free to believe whatever he wants. Why all the harsh criticism?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2006, 01:08:50 pm »

Ignorance is bliss. 2 years after the world was made would send us back almost 100 billion years ago [If that] You cant really prove a doucment was written back then and it is still in its entirety to this day.

uhm, 4.6 billionis how old the earth is IIRC.

+, maybe the bible doesnt say stuff about dinos cause they hadnt finded the fozziles yet?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2006, 01:10:45 pm »

The US didnt becomes its own country from Great Britians hold until 1776. So that would make us around 230 years old. Not even close to 400.
Hence it's fine if we still use it.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2006, 01:53:02 pm »
ZeroX, where does it say anything in the bible about cats or mammoths? It doesn't, but they still exist.

Deuce, God is omnipotent and knew what we'd call a day and wrote it as a "day", because we'd understand it.

CrAz3D: If the big bang theory is totally crap, who's to say the world has been around >6k years? I'm really doubting that it's much more than the upper 5000s, because they've found Noah's ark, which occured 8 years after the world began (I believe). Of course, from your point of view, it might not have been Noah's, but whatever.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.