Author Topic: Question re: Constitution  (Read 8993 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Question re: Constitution
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2006, 09:59:56 pm »
But you haven't said WHY I've come to the wrong conclusion, you just said I'm wrong.
Hmm, maybe I forgot to mention it.  Or maybe I said it 5 times.  I forget.  So I'll say it again. 

The QUOTE says who it was WRITTEN BY, and NOT FOR!  And THAT was your question!  So you're drawing the WRONG answer. 

Is that clear enough? 

(Why do arguments with you always end up with the other person repeating himself till he gets frustrated?  Have you noticed  pattern?)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2006, 10:49:24 pm »
But you haven't said WHY I've come to the wrong conclusion, you just said I'm wrong.
Hmm, maybe I forgot to mention it.  Or maybe I said it 5 times.  I forget.  So I'll say it again. 

The QUOTE says who it was WRITTEN BY, and NOT FOR!  And THAT was your question!  So you're drawing the WRONG answer. 

Is that clear enough? 

(Why do arguments with you always end up with the other person repeating himself till he gets frustrated?  Have you noticed  pattern?)
That's not all though.  The quote also states what it was written for:
...in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity...
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 12:20:19 am »

Is that clear enough? 

Read the whole thing, then read what MyndFyre said, then read what I said.

Also, I think my original question was regarding for
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:24:09 am by CrAz3D »

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 02:09:40 am »
Any one in America, or dirrectally effected by America should be treated like US citizens in regards to the Constitution.
Is it our moral obligation to allow them to bear arms? Why is it our duty to guarantee criminals (illegal immigrants) all rights set forth in the Constitution?
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 03:42:15 am »
Any one in America, or dirrectally effected by America should be treated like US citizens in regards to the Constitution.

I certainly don't think that should be necessarily true for every right issued in the constitution.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2006, 04:50:34 am »

I certainly don't think that should be necessarily true for every right issued in the constitution.
I certainly agree.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2006, 08:23:51 am »

Is that clear enough? 

That's not all though.  The quote also states what it was written for:
...in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity...
That wasn't in the quote whose meaning he was trying to determine. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2006, 09:44:23 am »
Reread my first post...
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
We the People of the US...& secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves...blah blah blah

so, uh, Constitution is for the people of the US, yeah?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:02 am »
Reread my first post...
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
We the People of the US...& secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves...blah blah blah

so, uh, Constitution is for the people of the US, yeah?
That wasn't part of the quote, or enclosed in quotation marks, so I assumed that was YOU talking, not them.  Sorry :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2006, 05:33:35 pm »
Maybe you should read so you don't argue on for a few days making yourself look foolish.

So, I guess we can agree that it appears that the Constitution is written by the people of the US for the people of the US.  Cool.
Thats what I was wanting to get others' input on.