Author Topic: Shoot 'em Up  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Shoot 'em Up
« on: September 08, 2007, 02:28:44 am »
So, I hung out with drake and his Canadian friends today.  He called deadly and I called him an asshole. :D  We went to Fort Fun, which was Fort Broken Games, but laser tag was pretty sweet.

The movie was definitely a "guy's movie."  I liked it.  The stunts were pretty ridiculous, but it added a twisted sort of humor.  I'd give it a solid 8/10 stars.  It's worth seeing unless you hate "non-stop action" films.

To top it all off, we saw a Jurassic Park Jeep on our way out of the theater.  It was badass.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Shoot 'em Up
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 02:34:29 am »
So, I hung out with drake and his Canadian friends today.  He called deadly and I called him an asshole. :D  We went to Fort Fun, which was Fort Broken Games, but laser tag was pretty sweet.

The movie was definitely a "guy's movie."  I liked it.  The stunts were pretty ridiculous, but it added a twisted sort of humor.  I'd give it a solid 8/10 stars.  It's worth seeing unless you hate "non-stop action" films.

To top it all off, we saw a Jurassic Park Jeep on our way out of the theater.  It was badass.
LOL. THAT WAS MIKEY? HAHAHAHA. I took his number out of my phone a couple days ago and forgot to put it back in. lololol That was awesome.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Chromium Bass

• Giggity Giggity Goo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:58:41 am »
I shall never look at a carrot the same again  ::)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 03:11:21 am »
I shall never look at a carrot the same again  ::)

lol.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:29:26 am »
LOL. THAT WAS MIKEY? HAHAHAHA. I took his number out of my phone a couple days ago and forgot to put it back in. lololol That was awesome.
Yeah, I called, and you say, "Dude, I'm eating dinner." What a dick!

Yes, Fort Fun was awesome, and the movie seriously kicked ass. The Canadians and Ashley didn't really like it, though.  :-\ Perhaps, we are more different than I have been led to believe.
errr... something like that...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 03:33:58 am »
Yeah, I called, and you say, "Dude, I'm eating dinner." What a dick!

Yes, Fort Fun was awesome, and the movie seriously kicked ass. The Canadians and Ashley didn't really like it, though.  :-\ Perhaps, we are more different than I have been led to believe.
Hahha. I thought you were my brother, but I didn't understand why your number was so different. Hahahaha.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:34:41 am »
Oh, they didn't?  Well, maybe after they've been in the States long enough to ween them off of their pussyish ways, they'll be more prone to recognize its awesomeness.  In Ashley's case, it's totally excusable.  There's no denying that this movie was the quintessence of manliness.  It doesn't get much more manly than stabbing people in the eye with carrots.

I'm kidding, of course.  I normally don't like these types of movies, but I really liked this one.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:42:33 am by Sidoh »

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:40:14 pm »
The company is everything

Offline chuck

• Canadian Biathlete
    • View Profile
    • Chucks Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 09:48:01 pm »
Carrots now officially pwn.
Chucks Blog
JavaOp2 Plugins

Error, keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 12:16:52 am »
The movie was decent. The whole time I was occupied with thinking "That is not fucking possible. How can he hit with every shot and everyone else misses him with every shot?" I mean they had SO many clear shots on him he should have been dead right away in the movie. Also, why would he give a fuck about that baby and risk his life over it? And even once he did find out why they wanted the baby dead, why would he give a fuck about it?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 12:26:16 am »
The movie was decent. The whole time I was occupied with thinking "That is not fucking possible. How can he hit with every shot and everyone else misses him with every shot?" I mean they had SO many clear shots on him he should have been dead right away in the movie. Also, why would he give a fuck about that baby and risk his life over it? And even once he did find out why they wanted the baby dead, why would he give a fuck about it?

It definitely wasn't supposed to be a plausible situation that you could empathize with.  It was set up to be a non-stop action movie and that's exactly what they accomplished.

It was filled with things that were physically impossible, which made me cringe at times, but I got over it once I saw they didn't build the entire movie off things that were silly and unreasonable (it was simply a collection of these things; they didn't attempt to use one to justify the other, etc).

When it comes to movies like this, if you develop a bias early in the movie, it can easily ruin its entirety, even if you would otherwise like the remainder.  For example, if I would have said "Oh bullshit, that was impossible.  What a bunch of bullshit" at some early point instead of dismissing it as they intend you to, I would have hated the movie.

Offline Chromium Bass

• Giggity Giggity Goo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 01:42:35 pm »
It's just a movie, that is how I justify it all.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 03:45:32 pm »
When it comes to movies like this, if you develop a bias early in the movie, it can easily ruin its entirety, even if you would otherwise like the remainder.  For example, if I would have said "Oh bullshit, that was impossible.  What a bunch of bullshit" at some early point instead of dismissing it as they intend you to, I would have hated the movie.
I did it the first scene :-/

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 09:36:31 pm »
wow this movie is the greatest "shoot em up" movie out so far.. lots of gun battles.