Author Topic: NocturnalLogic  (Read 27539 times)

Offline NocturnalLogic

• "I have a Ph.D. in horribleness."
    • View Profile
NocturnalLogic
« on: August 08, 2008, 02:35:37 am »
Hello.  My name is Lukas.  I have a passion for programming, playing games, and learning new things.  My life revolves around computers.  I currently do lots of random web design & development using HTML, CSS, javascript, ajax, PHP, and MySQL. I also know C++, and C#, and I am new to Python, Java.  I'm new to linux;  Using Ubuntu 6.10 and 8.04. I look forward increasing my intelligence points, and possibly share some as-well. I plan to be around x86labs IRC in my spare time and will enjoy being active in the forums. My goal is to get through university successfully, and major in computer science/programming.

Current age: 18
School: Accepted university student
Current job: Grocery store newb
Favorite music: Techno, trance, electronica, etc...
Girlfriend: (online) Complicated
Boyfriend: No
Alternate clans: No
Friends here: Not atm, but soon hopefully.
Why do I want to join: Learn
Read the rules: Yes!
Favorite show: Tough one; I'd say Prison Break, but I'm too lazy to find a good stream online, or lay on a couch and watch it on TV.  Therefore I'm going to have to say South Park.
Favorite movie: The Professional
Favorite band: I don't really care who writes/performs/sings the music, if I like the music, I will dl or buy it.
Favorite country: Ireland (No real reason)
Favorite continent: Europe (No real reason)
Favorite season: Autumn/Fall (Thanksgivings turkey, halloween, less bugs)
Weather: Heavy rain with no lightning or hail.
Favorite subject: I'd say Computer Science, but I enjoy physics more.
Favorite chemical: Carbonated water
Favorite food: Sloppy joe's
Favorite drink: Pepsi-cola in 591 mL bottles
Favorite book: Fermat's Enigma
Favorite author: Simon Singh
Favorite operating system: Currently Mac OS X.  The only 100% operational operating system in my house.  Ubuntu doesn't work too well on PPCs.
Favorite phone company: Ones owned by Wireless Telecommunications professors at Community Colleges.
Favorite computer brand: Falcon Northwest (Have yet to own one)
Favorite linux distribution: Ubuntu (The only one I've really tried, so not really saying much.)
Favorite sport: Jousting
Current/Favorite sports teams: none
Favorite sporting events: Medieval style tournaments @ medieval festivals
Favorite game: Tetris
Favorite style of game: arcade, mmorpg
Favorite bird: Hummingbirds
Favorite type of animal: Used to be White Tigers until I learned how they are really created.  I don't have a favorite anymore.
Pet: Ginger.  My 6 year old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: NocturnalLogic
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 03:05:35 am »
So, I take it you're from Nova Scotia?
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:20:26 am »
Favorite subject: I'd say Computer Science, but I enjoy physics more.

Awesome. I'm double majoring in physics/computer science, or at the very least, I plan to.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline NocturnalLogic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:15 am »
@Blaze: No, I live in manitoba.  There is a breeder for Tollers here.  Although, logically, that was a good guess.

@Newby: You start university this fall?

@topaz~: Lol.  Well it's actually hard.  We can't really do everything we want to do, but she's planning on going to the same university in two years.  Luckily she has a webcam, and I plan to get one built-in soon when I get my new MacBook (built-in).  Watching her practice new routines is awesome.   And... not with my girlfriend. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:45:38 am »
Where in Manitoba?  Brandon?  Winnipeg?

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 04:59:17 am »
Cool. I used Ubuntu for the past two years as my primary OS but I got a little sick of it so now I have OS X. I love the built-in camera, and I use it to great advantage in sending sexy pictures of myself to ex-girlfriends (especially the few of them who broke up with me, instead of vice versa).

I also used to declare white (Siberian) tigers my favorite animal, but then I got pet birds and my loyalties changed ;-) Dogs are cool, too, but I'm allergic =o Regardless, I think it goes without saying that birds are the coolest pets since they most closely resemble dragons.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 08:28:03 am »
Winnipeg for the win!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 11:46:05 am »
@Newby: You start university this fall?

Yup. at UC Davis.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:23:16 pm »
What's wrong with Dr. Pepper? Other than that, I'd give your introduction post an A-. With your liking Pepsi, though, it's an F. You may try again in 6 months.

Which school are you planning to go to? Also, which mmo('s) have you played?
errr... something like that...

Offline NocturnalLogic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 03:23:00 pm »
I live near Brandon, and I will be going to Brandon University this fall.

@dark_drake: I have said nothing against Dr. Pepper.  Did you mean to say that I get an F for preferring cola?  I assume that you prefer Dr. Pepper; Dr. Pepper is in fact a Pepsi product.  So if I fail for preferring the Pepsi company, then you would also fail for preferring the Pepsi company by preferring Dr. Pepper.  At work I buy Dr. Pepper more often than I do Pepsi-cola, because 1-in-5 Dr. Peppers win a free Dr. Pepper.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 03:24:20 pm »
Ewww, Brandon. :(

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 03:26:50 pm »

Haha, I thought the same!  There's nothing to do there.  :)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 03:35:35 pm »

He doesn't smell THAT bad

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 03:47:23 pm »
@dark_drake: I have said nothing against Dr. Pepper.  Did you mean to say that I get an F for preferring cola?  I assume that you prefer Dr. Pepper; Dr. Pepper is in fact a Pepsi product.  So if I fail for preferring the Pepsi company, then you would also fail for preferring the Pepsi company by preferring Dr. Pepper.  At work I buy Dr. Pepper more often than I do Pepsi-cola, because 1-in-5 Dr. Peppers win a free Dr. Pepper.
I suppose I owe you an explanation. Every year, I randomly pick one or two introduction posts and grade them. There's not that much objectivity to it, so don't take it personally; I just don't like Pepsi products that much (Mountain Dew is an abomination). And yes, this started with your post. :P

Also, Dr. Pepper is not a Pepsi product. In Canada, though, PepsiCo owns the distribution rights. Next to the deliciousness that is Dr. Pepper, my favorite thing about Dr. Pepper is that it can be found almost everywhere I eat. And if it's not available, there's Mr. Pibb that is pretty similar. The only sad part is I don't drink that much soda/pop anymore. :(

Also, mmorpg you play? I've played a few of them. SWG (Pre-CU, CU, NGE), WoW, various free ones, Anarchy Online (it's free now :D), some EQ1, and a little EQ2. Of these, I preferred Pre-CU SWG the most. WoW is a distant second to this, and I can't really say why.
errr... something like that...