Author Topic: come home  (Read 13800 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
come home
« on: December 14, 2010, 03:28:34 pm »
you have some work to do.  analyze the gawker passwords, bitch!

I may download them and do a little analysis myself. ;P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: come home
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 04:34:10 pm »
you need to follow me on twitter! :P

6 minutes ago:
@iagox86 450,442/748,081 (60.2%) of Gawker hashes cracked so far. Thanks to everybody who's shared their results with us!

Also, I've been home since Dec 4. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »
Cool. :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 09:09:43 pm »
Haha. I saw this on the news and thought "I bet iago is up to something..."

Scary that I was right!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:26 pm »
We have a much bigger password list from a much higher profile site (a financial one in fact) that we're sitting on. We don't want to be the first ones to break the story for fear of legal action, so we're cracking way and waiting for somebody else to slip up :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:47 am »
We have a much bigger password list from a much higher profile site (a financial one in fact) that we're sitting on. We don't want to be the first ones to break the story for fear of legal action, so we're cracking way and waiting for somebody else to slip up :)

So.. is this a Canadian site?  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 01:31:22 am »
You say "we". You and the other 11 iagi? Or is S.S. (I think I like that, The S.S.) no longer a one-man operation?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:52 am »

So.. is this a Canadian site?  :)

No, I'm not really sure what gave you that idea.. :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 01:36:41 am »

Why would you be afraid of legal action if you aren't a national of the US? I highly doubt Canada would extradite you like that, if push came to shove.

I mean, assuming you haven't gotten passwords to the NYSE admin accounts or something. If you did that I would bow.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 01:45:16 am »
Cmon deadly, this is the guy who h4xx3d Facebook.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 09:08:18 am »

Why would you be afraid of legal action if you aren't a national of the US? I highly doubt Canada would extradite you like that, if push came to shove.

I mean, assuming you haven't gotten passwords to the NYSE admin accounts or something. If you did that I would bow.
I don't care if it's Canadian, American, or European data - releasing it without the company's knowledge is wrong, both legally and ethically.

And for what it's worth, I've already talked to investigators about the situation. The company in question is taking this very seriously.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 11:41:36 am »
I don't care if it's Canadian, American, or European data - releasing it without the company's knowledge is wrong, both legally and ethically.

And for what it's worth, I've already talked to investigators about the situation. The company in question is taking this very seriously.
I was speaking from a purely legal standpoint, not a moral one. FWIW I agree with you that working with the company to secure their data is more ethical. And makes you more money.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 12:29:55 pm »

I was speaking from a purely legal standpoint, not a moral one. FWIW I agree with you that working with the company to secure their data is more ethical. And makes you more money.
Even legally - if I cause significant financial damage to a company, which this potentially could (especially being the X-mas season), they're going to go after me no matter which country I'm in (provided it isn't an unfriendly one).

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 01:49:57 pm »

Even legally - if I cause significant financial damage to a company, which this potentially could (especially being the X-mas season), they're going to go after me no matter which country I'm in (provided it isn't an unfriendly one).

Quick!  Move to Iraq!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 02:17:02 pm »

Quick!  Move to Iraq!
Isn't Iraq owned by the US now?