Author Topic: Joetheodd, again.  (Read 16190 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Joetheodd, again.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 05:33:59 pm »
Joe: I do not hate you, so please do not give yourself that much credit. I think MyndFyre said it best.
Not to be a flame or anything Tuberload, but if you stopped speaking in riddles I could understand (and work things out with) you much better.

Tell me what difference does it makes if he rejoin now? From a clan point of view, not because you're his friend.
It gets me back in a "circle" that I was once good friends with. Thats what x86 is about, friendship, isn't it? x86 is a group of close friends..

EDIT -
And how many of you can honestly say that you're happier now what I'm gone? I'm not saying none of you can, but I'm saying that I still have friends here, and numerous members would want me back.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 05:38:24 pm by Joe[e2] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 06:02:16 pm »
Maybe he's one of the members that doesn't want you back because he doesn't like you?

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2005, 06:06:55 pm »
Not to be a flame or anything Tuberload, but if you stopped speaking in riddles I could understand (and work things out with) you much better.
I understand him just fine, he's not speaking in riddles at all, so why can't you?

It gets me back in a "circle" that I was once good friends with. Thats what x86 is about, friendship, isn't it? x86 is a group of close friends..
You don't have to be IN x86 to be friends with them, look at me, I've been around this place before most any of these guys next to the original members, and I'm not even in x86, so what are you trying to get at?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 06:10:09 pm »
Plus I get to read what everyone said about me while I was gone. Thats been sort of bugging me. =p

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 06:52:50 pm »
We called you a fat tub of lard, that's about it.

No but seriously.. I agree with Myndy. You need to like, grow up... You can be fun sometimes on AIM, just incorporate that. People found it annoying when they met me at first (I'm the same all around, unless i m jokin and m talking lyke dis, l0l0l!) but hey, I guess that the people in the clan liked me enough to vote yes on me. Just.. grow up, stop defiling images of me, and uh.. be yourself.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2005, 07:53:50 pm »
be yourself.
A more mature self.

I don't really know you, but from what everyone says.. you aren't the most mature person.  So, just act more mature, and think before you do stuff.

Say to yourself "What would happen if I did this" then if you think it's a good idea do it, if you don't think it's such a grand idea, then don't do it.  It's simple. :)
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2005, 08:27:03 pm »
I understand him just fine, he's not speaking in riddles at all, so why can't you?
/signed

We called you a fat tub of lard, that's about it.
Damn...  I missed that discussion!

Say to yourself "What would happen if I did this" then if you think it's a good idea do it, if you don't think it's such a grand idea, then don't do it.  It's simple. :)
Joe, one of the reasons I think you shouldn't be in the clan is because I perceive you as a poser, and someone who tried to draw attention to himself.  These are traits I consider when I evaluate someone's character.  I may be wrong on either or both of these, but they're my opinion.  You can or cannot try to change it.  I don't care.  But being someone who wants all the attention for himself isn't going to get you very far in life.

Being part of this clan is supposed to be beneficial to you, as well.  But you didn't take advantage of that as a member; in fact, you ignored it entirely.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline xex

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005, 09:14:37 pm »
EDIT -
And how many of you can honestly say that you're happier now what I'm gone? I'm not saying none of you can, but I'm saying that I still have friends here, and numerous members would want me back.

If numerous members wants you back you wouldn't have gotten voted out in the first place. It's pretty much makes no difference if you're gone or not, the clan still goes on and  everything is still normal. If you attempt to change then i'm pretty sure many members would want you back and to help out the environment of this clan, but yet all you do is disrupt it. Which is why imo, you shouldn't come back untill changes are made.
Shadow Legion @ USeast
http://shadowlegion.org

c:\xex

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 12:03:02 am »
If numerous members wants you back you wouldn't have gotten voted out in the first place.

The day, and the following days, a large amount of members (namely Uh, no) IM'd me saying that they were sorry I was voted out, and had they known a vote was going on, they would have voted for me to stay in. I can't see the member boards, obviously, so I don't know this for sure, but I think that with their three votes, I would still be in x86. But I've accepted the fact (rather, newby made me accept the fact) that I'm out of x86 and theres nothing I can do about it, except rejoin. And thats exactly what I'm (attempting to) do.

EDIT -
I'm in a mood to not single people out right now. But yeah, people did say that.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2005, 12:14:36 am »
The day, and the following days, a large amount of members (namely Uh, no) IM'd me saying that they were sorry I was voted out, and had they known a vote was going on, they would have voted for me to stay in.

A large amount of members? The number I'm pretty sure that didn't get to vote (I have the list still) isn't very large.

Perhaps it's symbolism that members should participate more actively?

I can't see the member boards, obviously, so I don't know this for sure, but I think that with their three votes, I would still be in x86.

/home/newby/Joe.vote.gz is not the same as the posts on the members' forum. Infact, there are more votes in my Joe.vote.gz than there are on the members' forum, simply because people don't want their vote public.

But I've accepted the fact (rather, newby made me accept the fact) that I'm out of x86 and theres nothing I can do about it, except rejoin. And thats exactly what I'm (attempting to) do.

You make it sound as if I wanted you out, and don't want you back in. I don't like when people make me look bad. I don't like it one fucking bit.

I am NOT going to extend a vote past its deadline because some members were too fucking inactive to visit the forum for a good minute or two, check up on what is new, and vote. If they were truly inactive, their vote would have not counted towards the total. If they were busy, that is their problem.

I am NOT going to bend the rules for one particular vote. I'd bend it for all of them.

Wait, if I was bending it for all of them, I could just change the rule, correct?

I am NOT going to reinstate a vote because you think your vote would pass and you would be in x86.

Why?

Because that would be bending the rules, and that is not something I intend to do.

If they weren't active enough for their vote, perhaps that is a message them to be more active and shit they don't like won't happen or may not happen. I guess the phrase "your vote counts, no matter how small" works here!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2005, 07:55:24 am »
Sorry newby, I meant that I discussed it with you and gave up on trying to make you bend the rules.

Offline xex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2005, 03:43:50 pm »
Sorry newby, I meant that I discussed it with you and gave up on trying to make you bend the rules.

You tried and make newby bend the rules for you so you could get in?  Why would that be necessary? Apparently you did something wrong...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 03:50:15 pm by xex »
Shadow Legion @ USeast
http://shadowlegion.org

c:\xex

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2005, 04:51:59 pm »

You tried and make newby bend the rules for you so you could get in?  Why would that be necessary? Apparently you did something wrong...
And disgraceful, Joe, if you we're trying to pull a stunt like that, I'm glad you're not in any stance of power anymore. I don't like to pull myself into these members types of threads, but that's really low Joe, wether or not you were "joking".

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2005, 06:34:58 pm »
And disgraceful, Joe, if you we're trying to pull a stunt like that, I'm glad you're not in any stance of power anymore. I don't like to pull myself into these members types of threads, but that's really low Joe, wether or not you were "joking".

Wow, I'm sorry I used Newby's wording. I was asking him to extend the voting period one hour (from the conversation) so that the people who didn't think it would ever work could vote, and so that I could stay in the clan.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2005, 06:37:09 pm »

Wow, I'm sorry I used Newby's wording. I was asking him to extend the voting period one hour (from the conversation) so that the people who didn't think it would ever work could vote, and so that I could stay in the clan.
Therefore bending the rules, therefore disgraceful.