Author Topic: A bit about me  (Read 26457 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: A bit about me
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 01:30:18 pm »
IBM sucks as a company.  Their computer are low quality, their commercials are annoying++, their servers suck at being compatible with anything, and their support sucks even more.

Yes, they've done some innovative things, but if I had to choose between Dell, HP, or IBM servers, I'd definitely choose Dell or HP.

I definitely agree.  They have made some of the most important discoveries in the computer industry, which is why they've earned my respect.

Oh yeah.  I'd never buy an IBM computer or server; given your list, I think I'd choose HP.  I do recognize that Dell makes great servers too, though.

All the Dell servers I've come across blow goats. I should move to Canada.

You've obviously not encountered very many servers, then...

I really like the Dell 1550's, really simple, and work well.  The 2550's work good too, from what I've seen, but we only had 2 and they were hardcore database servers, so I tried to avoid them.  Plus, their support isn't awful (not good, but not horrible). :)

Hehe, I haven't worked with too many Dell servers but the few that I have (our Court House has a few that I've worked with a little bit) work really well.  At my school, we have a few whitebox servers (four, they're the active directory/file/dhcp/dns/gateway servers.  We have another box that's a backup server, but it's just a computer we ninja'd from one of the faster computer labs), two HP Proliant (I'm unsure of the model -- they're Citrix boxes so their specs are pretty insane for a small district) boxes, two boxes for NAS (which does most of the file storage in combination with a RAID tower) that actually have Linux on them!! :O  All of them work very well, especially considering most of them run Windows 2003.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 07:59:17 pm »
All the Dell servers I've come across blow goats. I should move to Canada.

You've obviously not encountered very many servers, then...
No, I've come across quite a few.  My school website runs on a Dell server, I think.  It blows goats, but it's probably cause it's a cheapie.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 08:20:32 pm »
No, I've come across quite a few.  My school website runs on a Dell server, I think.  It blows goats, but it's probably cause it's a cheapie.

And you're basing your opinion of one of the most successful companies that manufactures servers off of one box that doesn't work well?  Foolish.  :P

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 10:12:32 pm »

And you're basing your opinion of one of the most successful companies that manufactures servers off of one box that doesn't work well?  Foolish.  :P

I agree. Dell rules.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005, 10:36:44 pm »

It was actually two! :P Another city site also runs on a Dell box that blows goats.
Newby: The only reason YOU like Dell is cause they put Pentiumz in them.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 10:40:14 pm »
It was actually two! :P Another city site also runs on a Dell box that blows goats.
Newby: The only reason YOU like Dell is cause they put Pentiumz in them.

* Sidoh gets out a bottle of baby powder.

I don't feel as if I've greeted you cordially enough, so here you go:

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 01:44:07 am by Sidoh »

Offline @smodeous

• Semi Pro SkateBoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 06:33:48 am »
Fuck im mad surprised that this topic is way more active then I had though it was going to be. I though after I made a few posts I was going to be told to go to hell or some shit. I’m glade that im being given the chance to use you’re forums and etc… I do want to take the time to thank you all for letting me the dumb person I am have the option to use you’re forums and get to see how you all act kind of. I can see this is a well community wit much love and respect even though I see every one kind of makes fun of one another but in a good way…I want to say more but I have nothing coming like I got a brain fart…I know I am leaving my self open for a burn but you people can have some fun I don’t care
Peace out x86

Edit by Sidoh -- Removed the glow thing... my eyes were hurting >_>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 01:17:46 pm by Sidoh »
«-.¸_¸.·´˜˜ ) Heaven doesn't want me..
¸.·´ ¸.·´¨¨) Hell's afraid I'll take over..
(_¸.·´ ¸.·´ ¸.·´¨¨) ·÷¤¦[86]¦¤÷·
(_¸.·´ (_¸.·˜·×·» ·÷¤¦(08)¦¤÷

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 12:59:38 pm »
Huh?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 01:23:38 pm »
Fuck im mad surprised that this topic is way more active then I had though it was going to be. I though after I made a few posts I was going to be told to go to hell or some shit. I’m glade that im being given the chance to use you’re forums and etc… I do want to take the time to thank you all for letting me the dumb person I am have the option to use you’re forums and get to see how you all act kind of. I can see this is a well community wit much love and respect even though I see every one kind of makes fun of one another but in a good way…I want to say more but I have nothing coming like I got a brain fart…I know I am leaving my self open for a burn but you people can have some fun I don’t care
Peace out x86

I've found being too prejudice of anyone is foolish.  You're welcome here as long as you follow our rules.  :]

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 05:58:13 pm »
I've found being too prejudice of anyone is foolish.  You're welcome here as long as you follow our rules.  :]

And when we upgrade to the newest SMF when it comes out, the spell check button. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2005, 07:32:08 pm »
And when we upgrade to the newest SMF when it comes out, the spell check button. :)

Google toolbar FTW.  :)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2005, 12:26:16 am »
man, wtf. All fucking canadians live in a god damned igloo. Its a proven fact!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2005, 03:45:41 pm »
man, wtf. All fucking canadians live in a god damned igloo. Its a proven fact!
I know, thats what I said!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline @smodeous

• Semi Pro SkateBoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2005, 04:21:58 pm »
being picked on is fun...i think this is funny. It dont bother me its giveing me something to read. still think this would be a nice place to fit in if i get a chance to fit in. but i know being picked on is still kool as long as we all have fun. Ya'll can bash Canadians all ya want. Least we dont start wars we cant finish. I dont me to be rude to ne one from usa but look at the iraq thing its still going on and on an on. We dont need the oil that bad we got all the oil we need here in canada. Oh and how much stuff do you guys get from us ? more then you think. This aint a flame nore is it a bash im just sayen cuse ppl been saying crap bout me being canadian and shit. I'm sorry if i come by as being rude  or if i offend people im not trying to im just saying whats on my mind
«-.¸_¸.·´˜˜ ) Heaven doesn't want me..
¸.·´ ¸.·´¨¨) Hell's afraid I'll take over..
(_¸.·´ ¸.·´ ¸.·´¨¨) ·÷¤¦[86]¦¤÷·
(_¸.·´ (_¸.·˜·×·» ·÷¤¦(08)¦¤÷

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 04:23:38 pm »
If you can't tell, I'm Canadian.  You held up pretty well. :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...