Author Topic: Class debates.  (Read 9716 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Class debates.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 10:57:58 am »
It was supposed to be sarcastic.  I was implying that most people THINK they're smarter than everybody else.  It's the same way that 95% of people are above-average drivers. 

I kind of thought so. :)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 07:04:20 pm »
I just mumble under my breath.

You sure showed her!

Let the big boys talk. Go moderate stealthbot or something.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 07:08:00 pm »

That was a very asinine retort. :p

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 07:31:40 pm »
People should not recieve praise for indirect effects of their actions if their intents were much, much more sinister than what results from the manifestations of their maniacal plans.

There is no logical reason that we should be saying: "YAY GO HITLER THANKS FOR KILLING THE JEWS SO WE COULD BOOST OUR ECONOMY!"
Good is good.  If he did something good, then it should be recognized as such. However, his evil was on a much grander scale, so that's what he will always be remembered for. :-\
errr... something like that...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 07:36:05 pm »
People should not recieve praise for indirect effects of their actions if their intents were much, much more sinister than what results from the manifestations of their maniacal plans.

There is no logical reason that we should be saying: "YAY GO HITLER THANKS FOR KILLING THE JEWS SO WE COULD BOOST OUR ECONOMY!"
Good is good.  If he did something good, then it should be recognized as such. However, his evil was on a much grander scale, so that's what he will always be remembered for. :-\

He had absolutely no intention of boosting the American economy.  If you want to think of things this way "good is good," then know that you are indirectly involved in every good and bad thing that happens in this world, since everything is connected and you can't "disconnect" yourself from being an internal observer.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 08:07:06 pm »

He didn't do something good.  Something he did brought the need to slaughter his evil, which did good.  He had no intention of doing any good.  In other words, he was in no way directly responsible for the economy boost.  He had indirect ties to it, sure, but he should recieve absolutely no praise for completely indirect results of his hideous actions.

He had absolutely no intention of boosting the American economy.  If you want to think of things this way "good is good," then know that you are indirectly involved in every good and bad thing that happens in this world, since everything is connected and you can't "disconnect" yourself from being an internal observer.

This is a very good point.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 08:50:20 pm »
It doesn't matter if it was his intention or not, good came about, unless you considered the depression a good thing.  Also, I realize I'm a part of this world, but I don't have any control over other people and their actions. 
He didn't do something good.  Something he did brought the need to slaughter his evil, which did good.  He had no intention of doing any good.  In other words, he was in no way directly responsible for the economy boost.  He had indirect ties to it, sure, but he should recieve absolutely no praise for completely indirect results of his hideous actions.
He caused America to get back on its feet again. Whether it was his intention or not, it happened.  I am not praising him, merely acknowledging that because of him, America once again showed the world that we were number one.

I personally think that Hitler was a monster; however, we need to understand that without him, many social and economic problems would have continued, and the world might be worse off than it is now. I'm not advocating that we start Hitler Day to celebrate his contributions as a philanthropist.  :-\

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 08:59:38 pm »
It doesn't matter if it was his intention or not, good came about, unless you considered the depression a good thing.  Also, I realize I'm a part of this world, but I don't have any control over other people and their actions. 

No, but whether you realize it or not, every action you make has unforeseen effects.  Hitler should recieve no attention for something he had absolutely no control over.

He caused America to get back on its feet again. Whether it was his intention or not, it happened.  I am not praising him, merely acknowledging that because of him, America once again showed the world that we were number one.

No, he didn't.  He gave reason for jobs so people could kill him.  He did not have any direct cause in America's rise.

I personally think that Hitler was a monster; however, we need to understand that without him, many social and economic problems would have continued, and the world might be worse off than it is now. I'm not advocating that we start Hitler Day to celebrate his contributions as a philanthropist.  :-\

That can not be said without a shadow of doubt.  How do you know the great depression wouldn't have suddenly lifted the next day, even if Hitler wouldn't have decided to start his evil crusade.

Germany's economy suffered greatly because of Hilter's actions.  He's much more responsible for that than he is for the boost in economy in the US.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 09:13:08 pm »
No, he didn't.  He gave reason for jobs so people could kill him.  He did not have any direct cause in America's rise.
If he didn't give the reason, there would have been no jobs for people. :(

Germany's economy suffered greatly because of Hilter's actions.  He's much more responsible for that than he is for the boost in economy in the US.
Our massive war spending because of WWII stimulated our economy in ways that I don't think anything else could have.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 09:25:56 pm »
If he didn't give the reason, there would have been no jobs for people. :(

This is true, but he should recieve absolutely no praise or recognition for the indirect effects of his sinister intentions.

Our massive war spending because of WWII stimulated our economy in ways that I don't think anything else could have.

You don't seem to be replying to my point.  I said he did terrible things to the German economy.  It's true that the two results (one of which he had no control over to begin with...) can be separately examined, but it's still completely asinine to recognize or thank him for any sort of positive indirect result of his maniacal plans.  It's like thanking Hitler because he cleared room for landscaping and farming purposes by killing the Jews that inhabited it.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21:32 pm »
I just mumble under my breath.

You sure showed her!

Lmfao.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline sushi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 07:00:44 pm »
If it wasn't for WWII we wouldn't have the Nuke's, we wouldn't be as strong, we wouldn't have George Bush (jk,jk,jk) and we wouldn't have the right to say all Germans are Nazis