Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
PS2
« on: January 13, 2007, 05:08:02 pm »
Since my newest game-system is a N64, and it's in Winnipeg, I decided to buy a PS2.  I went to EB (which has always been good to me in Winnipeg) and picked up the system (comes with a controller), memory card, and 2 games (Hitman 2 and GTA: San Andreas -- why not get sequels to awesome games?), and it came to about $200. 

So now I can do something other than read in the evenings.  Woo!

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: PS2
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 05:16:10 pm »
200$ Canadian? :P
Seems like a bit too much when the ps3 is out

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 05:26:02 pm »
Hitman 2 was fun, but really hard if you're like me and like to shoot everything that moves.  GTA is, well, GTA. I've only played GTA 3 and Vice City, but those were awesome, and I heard San Andreas was even better.

I also want to get a PS2, but I need to wait to see how much everything else I need to get is going to cost.  :-\
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 06:44:55 pm »
FFXII is awesome, and you should check out the Tales series.  Also, a Magic Slide+Swap Magic for all the burned/imported goodness.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 07:39:49 pm »
200$ Canadian? :P
Seems like a bit too much when the ps3 is out

I don't think so. :\  That's around ~170 USD, which is pretty reasonable considering he got all he mentioned with it...

Hitman 2 was fun, but really hard if you're like me and like to shoot everything that moves.  GTA is, well, GTA. I've only played GTA 3 and Vice City, but those were awesome, and I heard San Andreas was even better.

I also want to get a PS2, but I need to wait to see how much everything else I need to get is going to cost.  :-\

Haha, yeah.  Hitman 2 is hard if you're not patient.  It's fun after you figure out how to do everything.  GTA is awesome.  It's nice to run over a few hookers after a stressful day.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:22:11 pm »
FFXII is awesome, and you should check out the Tales series.  Also, a Magic Slide+Swap Magic for all the burned/imported goodness.
The tales series is awesome.  Of course, I've only played Tales of Symphonia on my Gamecube. My brother has a PS2, and the games he would recommend are Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy X, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, and Kingdom Hearts I and II.  He hated Final Fantasy XII, though.  :-\

trust

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 08:44:35 pm »
Dude I would have sold you my PS2 with more games, more controllers, and just pure awesomeness for way less than that.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 08:55:13 pm »
I'd recommend picking up Black.  Very awesome game.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 08:58:40 pm »
I'd recommend picking up Black.  Very awesome game.
Black is amazing. Oh god it's cool. I would also suggest the Prince of Persia games, they're all pretty fun.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 09:18:41 pm »
I'm iffy about getting FF games.  I liked FF4, 5, and 6, those were fun.  But I didn't like 8 much, 9 was ok but not that great, and I haven't really played 7.  But since they got 3d, I haven't been a fan. 

Hitmen 2 is pretty good.  I realized after buying it that it wasn't Hitmen 1 I liked, it was Hitmen 2.  I had Hitmen 2 on my computer back in the day, and enjoyed it.  But I never got far, something else came up.  And no, I don't generally shoot stuff, I like playing games where I don't have to shoot stuff, like Deus Ex.  I beat Deus Ex with maybe 10 - 20 kills, I only killed when it was necessary. 

What's Black like?  I mean, in terms of style.  It sounds familiar..

I looked at the back of a Dragon Quest game, but it looked too cartoony for me.  I don't think I'll like a whole lot of the 3d RPG's. 

What are the "Tales" games?  I've never heard of them. 

And I don't need burnt games, games are like $20 - $30 each now. 

Dude I would have sold you my PS2 with more games, more controllers, and just pure awesomeness for way less than that.
Yeah, but then I couldn't have spent all day playing.  Plus, I wanted to get a new one, used systems are too apt to break.  At least if this breaks I have a month of warranty. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 12:07:23 am »
I'm iffy about getting FF games.  I liked FF4, 5, and 6, those were fun.  But I didn't like 8 much, 9 was ok but not that great, and I haven't really played 7.  But since they got 3d, I haven't been a fan. 

Hitmen 2 is pretty good.  I realized after buying it that it wasn't Hitmen 1 I liked, it was Hitmen 2.  I had Hitmen 2 on my computer back in the day, and enjoyed it.  But I never got far, something else came up.  And no, I don't generally shoot stuff, I like playing games where I don't have to shoot stuff, like Deus Ex.  I beat Deus Ex with maybe 10 - 20 kills, I only killed when it was necessary. 

What's Black like?  I mean, in terms of style.  It sounds familiar..

I looked at the back of a Dragon Quest game, but it looked too cartoony for me.  I don't think I'll like a whole lot of the 3d RPG's. 

And I don't need burnt games, games are like $20 - $30 each now. 

Yeah, but then I couldn't have spent all day playing.  Plus, I wanted to get a new one, used systems are too apt to break.  At least if this breaks I have a month of warranty. 

Black is a First person shooter. It used to have like "The best combat simulation to date" I think. You can shoot out windows and have the people look at it, and you can bounce grenades off stuff, and as far as I could tell every thing was able to be broken. It was just really neet.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 01:30:03 am »
They're action RPG's.  When you go into battle, it performs somewhat like a fighting game.  You control one character and the AI controls the others.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 02:11:54 am »
But reading pwns.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 07:31:45 am »
The tales series is awesome.  Of course, I've only played Tales of Symphonia on my Gamecube. My brother has a PS2, and the games he would recommend are Dragon Quest VIII, Final Fantasy X, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, and Kingdom Hearts I and II.  He hated Final Fantasy XII, though.  :-\
How does he like X and not XII?  Your brother is a retard.  Anyway, I personally didn't like Dark Cloud or Kingdom Hearts, they were just annoying to play.

@iago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_%28role-playing_game_series%29
I also highly recommend the Resident Evil series, but only 1-4 and Code Veronica X.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 11:50:26 am »
But reading pwns.
Yeah, but I was coming home from work at 4:30, picking up a book, reading till 10, and going to bed.  I just can't do that!

@iago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_%28role-playing_game_series%29
I also highly recommend the Resident Evil series, but only 1-4 and Code Veronica X.
I've played a couple Resident Evil games, I wasn't a big fan..