Author Topic: Good healer?  (Read 16449 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
Re: Good healer?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 02:06:37 pm »
Well, there's no room for cheaters during the High King Maulgar, or Gruul fight.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 04:16:23 pm »
Well, there's no room for cheaters during the High King Maulgar, or Gruul fight.

Though I've never played in those instances, I doubt that's true...

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 05:06:47 pm »
I've been called a great tank and I'm not specced to tank. I just invest a lot of money into working up my tanking skills from the War trainer. Although Shield Slam/Bash would be nice, I'm not dieing without them or the extra armor talents.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 05:57:57 pm »
I've rarely seen a group go through ST without losing at LEAST one person, but the groups I've seen go through - or heard from people like Xalis ( Warrior ), wipes are common.

We've only wiped twice in the ~10 times I've been through. One because we didn't clear out all the dragons, and one because I jumped down and aggro'd a group of 5 while we were already fighting a group of 5. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 08:20:16 pm »

Well, when you do, you'll have the same opinion that I do. Ask anyone that has, and they'll say the same. It takes everyone doing their job the correct way to beat even the intro raid bosses, such as Gruul. I haven't even brought up the more difficult ones.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 08:32:57 pm »

Well, when you do, you'll have the same opinion that I do. Ask anyone that has, and they'll say the same. It takes everyone doing their job the correct way to beat even the intro raid bosses, such as Gruul. I haven't even brought up the more difficult ones.

Uh huh.  I'm sure. :P

I don't intend on playing ever again.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 12:14:55 pm »

Uh huh.  I'm sure. :P

I don't intend on playing ever again.

YOU'LL BE BACK!!!!
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 01:11:55 pm »
YOU'LL BE BACK!!!!

Probably not... I'm working this summer.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 02:48:40 am »
Here's a video of Nihilum 15 manning Gruul. For those that don't know, Gruul is a 25 man. There's definitely room for error.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 06:12:42 am »
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 10:37:10 am »
YOU'LL BE BACK!!!!

Then why did you reinstall it? :P

As for healing? I don't measure a healers worth by how MUCH they heal. (Maybe in raiding, but... It usually, in my experience, means they're just pulling more weight that other healers SHOULD be. Not that they're necessarily any deal better.) It's the sticky situations, the crazy bosses, and long ass fights that make or break a healer. And, honest to god? It's nothing special if a healer can do it. It's a matter of knowing your class. There's just so many BAD healers out there that it's recognized when you actually find one that is able to heal through the tough times.

Tanks are pretty much the same. It's really all just a matter of knowing your class, and your role. As a druid? If I tank, I never lose aggro. If I DPS, the #1 spot is reserved for me. If I heal, I keep everyone alive. I battle res on bossfights when a tank or healer dies, and innervate the silly healer that can't reserve their mana, or if the fight just goes insanely long. Would I consider myself good? Sometimes, yes. But honestly? The only reason I'm in any way better is because a majority of the game is just so goddamn terrible.

Once you hit 70, that's when you'll really know. Though, I've only seen one paladin ever heal successfully for a five man (at 70). It's not because they can't. It's because most of the paladins I run into.. suck.

EDIT: Probably a dead issue, but, my two cents. :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:39:25 am by Kaleeko »

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 11:10:39 am »
YOU'LL BE BACK!!!!

As for healing? I don't measure a healers worth by how MUCH they heal. (Maybe in raiding, but... It usually, in my experience, means they're just pulling more weight that other healers SHOULD be. Not that they're necessarily any deal better.) It's the sticky situations, the crazy bosses, and long ass fights that make or break a healer. And, honest to god? It's nothing special if a healer can do it. It's a matter of knowing your class. There's just so many BAD healers out there that it's recognized when you actually find one that is able to heal through the tough times.

Tanks are pretty much the same. It's really all just a matter of knowing your class, and your role. As a druid? If I tank, I never lose aggro. If I DPS, the #1 spot is reserved for me. If I heal, I keep everyone alive. I battle res on bossfights when a tank or healer dies, and innervate the silly healer that can't reserve their mana, or if the fight just goes insanely long. Would I consider myself good? Sometimes, yes. But honestly? The only reason I'm in any way better is because a majority of the game is just so goddamn terrible.

Once you hit 70, that's when you'll really know. Though, I've only seen one paladin ever heal successfully for a five man (at 70). It's not because they can't. It's because most of the paladins I run into.. suck.

EDIT: Probably a dead issue, but, my two cents. :P

Not dead, it's just gone into a different direction. :P
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 12:31:59 pm »

I don't start work until next Monday. :P

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!