Author Topic: Good healer?  (Read 16445 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Good healer?
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:11:08 am »
I've been told so many times that I'm a great healer, some even go to the extent to say I'm the best they've seen.

Character: 51 Human Paladin (( Helas ))

Oh, and in the first three screenshots, Neo and Invidia's mains are 70 paladins ( Neo = Holy ; Invidia = Prot. ).  So hearing from them that I am an awesome healer made me feel really good.  They also told me to level to 70 and join their raiding guild  :P
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:12:45 am by Furious »
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Good healer?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 09:41:13 am »
ST sucks. So does ZF. :O
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:01:31 am »

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 12:03:35 pm »
Its not that hard to heal people through 200 damage =/ The last boss in ST is a cake walk.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 12:37:44 pm »
ST sucks. So does ZF. :O

I liked ST a lot more than ZF, personally.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 01:00:50 pm »
Its not that hard to heal people through 200 damage =/ The last boss in ST is a cake walk.

Are you kidding?  Do you mean Eranikus (sp?) or the guy in the water?  Eranikus sleeps your tank so unless you have a MT and OT you're out a tank.  I've rarely seen a group go through ST without losing at LEAST one person, but the groups I've seen go through - or heard from people like Xalis ( Warrior ), wipes are common.  And 200 damage may be on your 70 druid - but on a group of lvl50-53 mobs hit harder.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 05:04:04 pm »
yes, but healing doesn't get competitive until 70. low level instances usually only require one, sometimes two healers. wait until you're only considered good when you're topping healing charts, competing with 9 other healers, like in Gruul's Lair.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:48:45 pm »
yes, but healing doesn't get competitive until 70. low level instances usually only require one, sometimes two healers. wait until you're only considered good when you're topping healing charts, competing with 9 other healers, like in Gruul's Lair.

Topping the healing charts doesn't mean much...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:15 pm »

Lol.  I consider myself to be an above average healer - and as for Gruul's Lair, I enjoy WoW but I won't be raiding.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:18:24 pm »

Topping the healing charts doesn't mean much...

For real. I could just heal people randomly. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 09:17:24 pm »
For real. I could just heal people randomly. :P

Yeah.  "Overhealing," as it's appropriately named (obviously) involves spastically healing everyone who, for even a moment, is below their maximum health.  It causes real problems in raiding because it leads to wasted mana, less focus on a smaller group of people and, consequentially, more deaths.

I used to be adamantly against preventing overhealing until I realized the only reason I was against doing away with it in my raid was because I hated my raid leader and constantly disagreed with him on everything because he was a douchebag (yes, that's right, faith.  if you ever read this, now you know).

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 10:57:37 pm »
Amazing, I've been called a good tank as well. Wow!

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 01:10:34 am »
topping healing meters doesn't mean you're over healing, or spamming heals. if you're good, it means you're healing when needed, and using the appropriate heal - not just greater heal, constantly. if you avoid over healing, then that's a lot of healing up on the meters if you're getting off crits and the full amount is being used. the fact of the matter is if somebody is putting out more heals, and lasting through fights, they're better. i would rather have somebody who heals a lot, and lasts through a fight mana-wise, than somebody who doesn't heal a lot but also makes it through the fight. and at 70 there's plenty of healers able to do so.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 01:41:26 am »
topping healing meters doesn't mean you're over healing, or spamming heals. if you're good, it means you're healing when needed, and using the appropriate heal - not just greater heal, constantly. if you avoid over healing, then that's a lot of healing up on the meters if you're getting off crits and the full amount is being used. the fact of the matter is if somebody is putting out more heals, and lasting through fights, they're better. i would rather have somebody who heals a lot, and lasts through a fight mana-wise, than somebody who doesn't heal a lot but also makes it through the fight. and at 70 there's plenty of healers able to do so.

Isn't everything you just said really obvious?

Plus, none of it means that topping the healing meters means much.  If you're not over-healing, chances are that there's some ass who is.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 02:01:05 am »
There are ways to cheat to the top of the healing meters, so the only way I find healing meters accurate is if nobody is cheating. Cheating can really cause problems in raids.

An example are the single pull Arcane Protectors between the Curator and the Shade of Aran in Karazhan. The most efficient healing method with these pulls would be for all of the healers to cast flash heals on the main tank non-stop, even when the tank is at 100% health. Often times, people in my guild attempt to cheat their way out of stacking up on the overheal meters by dancing big heals or only casting flash heals while the tank is missing health. Considering how hard these Arcane Protectors can hit once they go enraged, and the frequency of their hits, the tank could be dead in 2.5 seconds, which can be a problem if the heals aren't staggered, which they usually aren't considering all the healers start their casts once the tank is missing health, meaning they'll all finish at the same time.

That is just part of the argument I could have, for just that one mob. Healing Meters can cause huge problems for raiding guilds, yet can be a fun tool to allow that allows further progress so long that everyone is healing efficiently.
Hitmen: art is gay