Author Topic: Good healer?  (Read 16452 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Good healer?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 08:34:06 pm »
Healing is the hardest role to play in every almost every situation, and I'll always stand by that.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 10:23:42 pm »
Healing is the hardest role to play in every almost every situation, and I'll always stand by that.

Oh, I don't deny that. I'm a feral druid for a reason. :P I hate healing, and also, suck at it. Granted, I've managed to pull off a few instances healing as feral, but generally, I stay away from it. I do have to heal, sometimes. I don't whine or gripe about it. I do it. I save lives. It's a pain in the ass, and a healer hardly ever gets thanked for doing a good job. But, by now, as I said.. it's sorta expected.

I always try and praise a good healer when I can. But, there's a serious issue if I have a healer that I CAN'T praise. Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's impossible..

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 12:01:14 am »
Healing is way easier than tanking. I've done both and I'd rather heal.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 12:59:14 am »
You've never healed and tanked for a raid, then. You usually plan tanking ahead, but healing is random.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 01:57:29 am »
Here's a video of Nihilum 15 manning Gruul. For those that don't know, Gruul is a 25 man. There's definitely room for error.

Gruul was nerf'd awhile backed. He used to be tougher. Our guild one shotted Gruul after he was nerf'd, for fun, and we had 24 people, because one was afk. I'm sure by now people have gotten better at him. The guild I was in did the server-first downing of Gruul, it was pretty cool.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2007, 08:31:34 am »

You are mistaken my friend.

[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 10:42:38 am »
I [..] whine [and] gripe about it. I do it. I save lives. It's a pain in the ass, and [I] hardly ever gets thanked for doing a good job.

Woot! Someone who understands lifeguarding!

Edit: added nobbc around I tag.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:45:17 am by Joe[x86/64] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2007, 11:53:35 am »
I [..] whine [and] gripe about it. I do it. I save lives. It's a pain in the ass, and [I] hardly ever gets thanked for doing a good job.

Woot! Someone who understands lifeguarding!

Edit: added nobbc around I tag.

For real. I hated Lifeguarding, Not only do we have to life guard. We had to be fucking tourist guides too, to our park.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2007, 02:02:45 pm »
You've never healed and tanked for a raid, then. You usually plan tanking ahead, but healing is random.

You can definiely plan tanking, doesnt mean things will always go by the book 100% of the time. Things go wrong, you lose aggro, other tanks lose aggro, you over pull, etc.

Healing you just sit back and throw heals on the tank, doing the real hard work.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2007, 06:28:39 am »

You can definiely plan tanking, doesnt mean things will always go by the book 100% of the time. Things go wrong, you lose aggro, other tanks lose aggro, you over pull, etc.

Healing you just sit back and throw heals on the tank, doing the real hard work.

Lol.  Healing isn't that simple, sorry to burst your bubble.

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 07:29:11 am »
Sure it is, you drink, you heal, you get praised. Throw either a HoT or a flash heal, or a cast heal.
There may be varying skills of healers, but over all tanking is much much more difficult than healing.

Holding aggro on a Boss (especially if you're unmatched) is a hard thing to do. You need to stack sunders, while making sure he's aggrod while stance dancing back and forth between Battle and Defensive stance whenever Mocking Blow cools down if you lose the aggro. Then you have the wildcards like Challenging Shout and Thunderclap to help with multiplemob tanking.

Especially Protected Warriors, we have to try to hardest to be the best. It's much more than Charge->Threat Modifier we also need to watch our limited supply of rage, make sure our shouts are buffed (2m cooldown..), keep mobs who run hamstringed, etc.

I know healing isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it doesn't hold a cadle to how hard tanking can be.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 09:55:57 am »
Like I said, you've obviously NEVER raided as a healer before.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 01:12:12 pm »
Sure it is, you drink, you heal, you get praised. Throw either a HoT or a flash heal, or a cast heal.
There may be varying skills of healers, but over all tanking is much much more difficult than healing.

Holding aggro on a Boss (especially if you're unmatched) is a hard thing to do. You need to stack sunders, while making sure he's aggrod while stance dancing back and forth between Battle and Defensive stance whenever Mocking Blow cools down if you lose the aggro. Then you have the wildcards like Challenging Shout and Thunderclap to help with multiplemob tanking.

Especially Protected Warriors, we have to try to hardest to be the best. It's much more than Charge->Threat Modifier we also need to watch our limited supply of rage, make sure our shouts are buffed (2m cooldown..), keep mobs who run hamstringed, etc.

I know healing isn't the easiest thing in the world, but it doesn't hold a cadle to how hard tanking can be.

Even without raiding, it's not "easy", I can tank super easy on my druid.

/shrug

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 01:40:11 pm »

/shrug

Your druid is a twink..how about I let you use Xalis and you do an ST run with him? I'll let you give him back when you have your 5th wipe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 03:44:20 pm »

/shrug

Your druid is a twink..how about I let you use Xalis and you do an ST run with him? I'll let you give him back when you have your 5th wipe.

Druid wasn't a twink when I was running VC or Stockades :P

I won't wipe if you keep me healed ;)