Author Topic: Rate this site  (Read 4967 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Rate this site
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:15:13 pm »
http://www.insuresense.com/index.html

Okay guys.  This is a family site and I was wondering if you guys would give your honest opinion about it.  What would you change, what don't you like about it, and what is your first impression.  We are curious if the reason why we don't get many hits is because of the over all layout of the site or the impression it leaves on people.  This is not an advertisment, I am just honestly curious what you guys suggest and yours thoughts.

Thanks!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Rate this site
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:18:34 pm »
My first impression is that there's too much. There's a lot of text and pictures of different things, and it's almost overwhelming. There are four columns with links to different things, and there are links/tabs across the top and across the left. I just think it's too much.

Oh, and saying "A Missouri Company" probably drives away a lot of people ;)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 02:21:53 pm »
My first impression is that there's too much. There's a lot of text and pictures of different things, and it's almost overwhelming. There are four columns with links to different things, and there are links/tabs across the top and across the left. I just think it's too much.

Oh, and saying "A Missouri Company" probably drives away a lot of people ;)
Lmfao!!  Seeing that we live in Missouri we have no choice, but to say that!  Thanks for the advice though. ^^
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 02:25:04 pm »
we live in Missouri
Oh... uh...... sorry, didn't realize. Must be difficult. Sorry for adding to the pain. ;)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:26:25 pm »
we live in Missouri
Oh... uh...... sorry, didn't realize. Must be difficult. Sorry for adding to the pain. ;)
Liar!  You know where I live.  Jerk. :P
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

trust

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »
The text "Blog" on that cone is very rigid. And I agree it's an overwhelming site, it's a lot to take in at once and none of it really stays in memory. Thinking back to just a few seconds ago all I can remember is the red enter key, the blog photo, and the top house pictures. I don't even remember the name of the company.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 02:30:06 pm »
The text "Blog" on that cone is very rigid. And I agree it's an overwhelming site, it's a lot to take in at once and none of it really stays in memory. Thinking back to just a few seconds ago all I can remember is the red enter key, the blog photo, and the top house pictures. I don't even remember the name of the company.
Hrmm.. alright, thanks. :D

Any suggestions on how to fix any of that?  Such as making the name of the company stand out more and how to make the site in general more memorable?
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 02:31:36 pm »
The eye is totally drawn to the red "enter" key. It stands out, big time. But that's likely intentional, since it's the "apply online" button.

Personally, the thing that stuck with me most was "motorcycle insurance". Don't ask me why :)

<edit> I like how the "about us" link says "click here" :)

trust

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 02:36:35 pm »
Also looking at it it kind of looks like a sketch site. I'd maybe question the credibility, because it seems like too much stuff is just kind of thrown on there. I'm not saying it's bad, because it isn't - it's just a turnoff.

If I were you I would take a look at established insurance websites (Allstate, Nationwide, etc.) Also I'd remove one of those ladies heads, your eyes kind of jump between them both and distracts from content.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 02:42:12 pm »
Also looking at it it kind of looks like a sketch site. I'd maybe question the credibility, because it seems like too much stuff is just kind of thrown on there. I'm not saying it's bad, because it isn't - it's just a turnoff.

If I were you I would take a look at established insurance websites (Allstate, Nationwide, etc.) Also I'd remove one of those ladies heads, your eyes kind of jump between them both and distracts from content.
Alright, thanks for the advice.  I see what you mean about the ladys heads. 
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 05:38:31 pm »
Like iago has said, too much on the one page.

-I'd suggest multiple pages, I don't like scrolling a lot to see different info.  Also, simplicity.  No one will ever read all of that, it's too long and boring.  People have a short attention span.
-Too many links for what appear to be the same thing.

The average auto insurance premium for residents in Missouri is $822 in 2003; the national average was at $914. Since most people think these rates are fixed by state and insurance companies, they never shop around for better rates. InsureSense.com helps you find the competitive rates and discounted prices available in Springfield Missouri, Kansas City Missouri, Columbia Missouri, St. Louis Missouri, Jefferson City, Missouri, and Joplin Missouri, so average Missourians can get a better-than-average low rate on their auto insurance, home insurance, life insurance, renters insurance, boat insurance, motorcycle insurance, personal watercraft insurance, umbrella insurance, builders risk insurance, annuities, investments and commercial insurance.

Rates also change over the years, especially in Springfield MO, Kansas city MO and St. Louis MO. If you are not careful you could end up paying too much for your auto insurance. Looking back, the average Missouri auto insurance premium in 2000 was about $710, an increase of about 15.77% in just 3 years! Don't waste your money paying high insurance premiums, start saving now by requesting an online Missouri quote from InsureSense.com now. We offer "Your Choice Auto Insurance" with "Accident Forgiveness" and "Deductible Rewards."

the above REALLY looks like:
The average auto insurance premium for residents in Missouri is $822 in 2003; the national average was at $914. LOTS OF FRIGGIN BORING WORDS!

Also, the text in italics seems awkward to read.

trust

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 09:37:47 pm »
Yeah limit your sales pitch text. I have the idea that if a website has pitch text that is really long (where I have to keep scrolling) then they are probably trying too compensate for a poor product or service.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 09:50:16 pm »
it looks like a spam page.. with all the adds

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:14 pm »
The gray on blue is weird :\

Also, it's too Republican.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 08:45:35 am »
Yes, all the big pictures make it looks advertise-ish.  Sure, they may not actually be advertisements... but with many pictures like that within close proximity to each other it leaves that impression.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org