Author Topic: Too Many Indians  (Read 11437 times)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
Too Many Indians
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:38:59 pm »
This msg is mainly for iago, but others can feel free to respond also...

Yesterday my family and I went down to the forks in the evening to go for a walk... as you probably know, it's basically Winnipeg's ONLY tourist attraction also...

They recently built this big huge skate park right next to it and they added NO security what-so-ever. So now there are these stupid teens on bikes riding right threw the forks and morons on skateboards doing tricks and whipping around on pedestrian sidewalks. Sadly, most of them are indian. A few months ago my brother and a friend got chased out of the forks by some dumb indian.

How stupid can the city get??? It was a completely dumb idea to build that skate park there.

Things are really bad in other areas of the city also... it's really too bad. Native teens are especially good at stealing bikes also...   is it bad parenting or what??

This picture was taken several years back and one of the girl's was in my class.

Young, eh? Disgusting.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:44:15 pm by Killer360 »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Too Many Indians
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:50:41 pm »
Yeah, the natives are a serious problem in Winnipeg, unfortunately. Something more seriously needs to be done, the NDP isn't helping anything by giving them money. Kids who grow up in a shitty environment turn out badly, which is obviously happening. And it's sad.

The skate park, however, was a good idea in my opinion. Maybe it was implemented badly, but I wouldn't call it dumb.

In Calgary, natives aren't much of a problem at all; at least, no more than white people.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 02:53:27 pm »
Yeah, the natives are a serious problem in Winnipeg, unfortunately. Something more seriously needs to be done, the NDP isn't helping anything by giving them money. Kids who grow up in a shitty environment turn out badly, which is obviously happening. And it's sad.

The skate park, however, was a good idea in my opinion. Maybe it was implemented badly, but I wouldn't call it dumb.

In Calgary, natives aren't much of a problem at all; at least, no more than white people.
But the skate park has really only brought all the bad people to one area, the Forks. The Forks is Winnipeg's ONLY tourist place... and I think they've killed it. :(

I think they should have thought it threw a bit more. It gets really rough there in the evenings. (10+ PM)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:24:36 pm »

But the skate park has really only brought all the bad people to one area, the Forks. The Forks is Winnipeg's ONLY tourist place... and I think they've killed it. :(

I think they should have thought it threw a bit more. It gets really rough there in the evenings. (10+ PM)

It sounds to me like you're just being a rich little stuck-up prick. You don't want the skatepark there because it attracts a race you don't like? What in the fuck?

And so what if it gets "rough" ? Man up fool, if you're out in an urban area at night you should expect those things. It happens everywhere.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:47:43 pm »

It sounds to me like you're just being a rich little stuck-up prick. You don't want the skatepark there because it attracts a race you don't like? What in the fuck?

And so what if it gets "rough" ? Man up fool, if you're out in an urban area at night you should expect those things. It happens everywhere.
Do you have any idea what I mean by "rough"? This is a tourist area of the city and I don't think tourists want to be walking by kids smoking pot, kids skateboarding/biking in the parkade, and a lot of other fucking shit that isn't needed.

They either need to add better security so people feel more safe or get rid of it.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:51:58 pm »

Do you have any idea what I mean by "rough"? This is a tourist area of the city and I don't think tourists want to be walking by kids smoking pot, kids skateboarding/biking in the parkade, and a lot of other fucking shit that isn't needed.

They either need to add better security so people feel more safe or get rid of it.

Tourists shouldn't be walking around that area at 11pm at night. Done deal. It just seems unnecessarily racist of you to post things like this.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 04:54:11 pm »

Tourists shouldn't be walking around that area at 11pm at night. Done deal. It just seems unnecessarily racist of you to post things like this.
I was there at only 8 o' clock yesterday and it was already starting to get rough and noisy. 11 o' clock is when crime starts to happen.

You have no idea what it's like here...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 05:52:38 pm »
They shouldn't be at the nicest area, the place that's designed for tourists, in the evening?

I guess you have to live in Winnipeg to appreciate the problem. The natives in Winnipeg are a really, really big problem. It's not their fault, really, it's the environment they were brought up in, but it's still a serious issue. The statistics are something like 5% of the population of WInnipeg is native, and 90% of the local jail is. Just about every crime, from rape to murder to robbery to burglary) is commited by a native. It's a realy sad state of affairs.

I guess this skate part attracts them, which is unfortunate. But I guess as soon as you offer a free service, you'll get people who can only afford free services showing up.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 11:33:25 pm »
Wanna solve the problem? Kill them all.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

That will put a hole in an Indian (or anybody for that matter) the size of a small child from up to two miles away.

If they're really that big an issue, killing them will solve the issue. Just my two cents. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 12:09:52 am »
That rifle can't hit accurately from two miles.  The best [50 cal] rifle in the world has a max of about 1.3 miles.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 12:51:33 am »
I can vouch for the native problem in Winnipeg.  :(
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 02:22:41 am »

I was there at only 8 o' clock yesterday and it was already starting to get rough and noisy. 11 o' clock is when crime starts to happen.

You have no idea what it's like here...

You have no idea what I've experienced.

They shouldn't be at the nicest area, the place that's designed for tourists, in the evening?

I guess you have to live in Winnipeg to appreciate the problem. The natives in Winnipeg are a really, really big problem. It's not their fault, really, it's the environment they were brought up in, but it's still a serious issue. The statistics are something like 5% of the population of WInnipeg is native, and 90% of the local jail is. Just about every crime, from rape to murder to robbery to burglary) is commited by a native. It's a realy sad state of affairs.

I guess this skate part attracts them, which is unfortunate. But I guess as soon as you offer a free service, you'll get people who can only afford free services showing up.

I understand the situation. Sure, it's sad that a nice area is attracting bad people, but calling a whole race "a problem" seems completely out of line. I'm sure it was a bad idea for the government to build free things in a park because shady people will congregate around it. What were they thinking? I guess the only way to drive them out is require something they don't have: money!

Frankly, I'm surprised that you are acting like this is exclusive to Winnipeg, or Canada. Even the US has bad areas, and crime (much more then Canada), and people still get on with their life. It's not a big deal, it doesn't necessarily require any sort of drastic "action" against a race of people just because of some statistics.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 09:01:53 am »
I understand the situation. Sure, it's sad that a nice area is attracting bad people, but calling a whole race "a problem" seems completely out of line. I'm sure it was a bad idea for the government to build free things in a park because shady people will congregate around it. What were they thinking? I guess the only way to drive them out is require something they don't have: money!
Well, like I said in my first post on this thread, I support the skate park. It's unfortunate that problems are rising.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you are acting like this is exclusive to Winnipeg, or Canada. Even the US has bad areas, and crime (much more then Canada), and people still get on with their life. It's not a big deal, it doesn't necessarily require any sort of drastic "action" against a race of people just because of some statistics.
Frankly, you'd have to live in Winnipeg to understand the problem. While I have nothing against natives as a race, they're stuck in a vicious cycle which I am pretty sure is much worse in Winnipeg than anywhere else (at least, anywhere else that I've been). I don't know of a single native person who has a good job in Winnipeg, nor do I know of any that aren't alcoholics or drug addicts or whatever. Not a single one. When you see somebody passed out on the side of the road in Winnipeg, it's going to be a native. That totally sucks, but it's true.

The problem is largely historical. The government of Manitoba gives them way too much money for nothing, and even more money for every kid they have. So they typically have large families and don't work. Most of them end up addicted to alcohol, gasoline, glue, or whatever. And kids learn addictive behaviour, and kids get into trouble when their parents are passed out. As such, the kids grow up the same as their parents. I'm sure it's like that in other parts of the world, like you said, but in Winnipeg that's largely the native population.

Because the kids screw up like their parents, nothing is changing.

Winnipeg is a fairly peaceful city, and there's very little crime. However, Winnipeg has the highest per-capita murder rate of any Canadian city. The majority of those murders are natives beating up other natives, or people that hang out with them. My uncle's corpse was barely recognizable when he was beat up by a native (not that he was a good person -- he was living the same kind of lifestyle as them).

The cycle is also self-reinforcing. Because of this type of behaviour, which has been going on for a long time, there is widespread racism against the natives (as you see in this thread). This racism causes people to alienate them. As a result, there is very little potential for change to happen. I imagine it's a lot like black people in certain places.

And actually, I lied, I do know of one native with a decent job. The place I used to work hired a native guy as a Web developer. Unfortunately, I've been told he's one of the laziest people working there. Why? Because the government pays 50% of his salary, and the owner would get in big trouble for firing him, so he's able to sit around and do absolutely nothing. This isn't meant to reflect badly on him, it's meant to show why the government's policies suck.

Does that clear up the problem a bit? Yes, there is widespread racism in Winnipeg. And yes, it's understandable. But nothing is changing.....

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 01:40:16 pm »
Nothing you said informed me any differently then I already knew. The racism is still unacceptable in my book. I understand there's issues, especially with the government, but that doesn't allow everyone in this thread to automatically get the right to be racist.

Offline leet_muffin

• x86
  • Socialism '08!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 02:13:25 pm »
America doesn't have any places of such a situation. Or even close to such a situation.

I do agree, though, why would you invite poor people (of any race) who are actively involved in a destructive form of entertainment and crime to a tourist attraction?
The douchebag method:
fuck allfo you i dont give a fuck ill fight everyone of you fuck that sbhit fuck you