Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 41460 times)

Offline Monica

• Baby Asian
  • ~ Monica ~
    • View Profile
Hi there!
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:06:24 am »
Hey everyone! I'm new here, although that's pretty obvious.
Here's a little fill-out about myself:

Name: Monica
Ethnicity: Asian-American (Chinese)
School: Stony Brook University (SUNY- since I can't afford a private school.. must pay for myself pshh).  I was planning to major in Business, but now I'm not so sure.  I plan to take some Computer Science courses to see if I like it though, or maybe some IT courses.
Boyfriend: No, all the men I have met have been actually, little boys.  I'm young, but I'm not interested in wasting my time being with an idiot.
Other Clans: I haven't really considered myself in a 'clan' since like 01-02 or so I believe.  I've been on Battle.Net since '99 being a gamer (but actually playing since 98),  I've attempted to load bots.. but that was UBER boring, so I never really got into warring.  If you want anymore info about my Battle.Net life, feel free to ask.  My accounts currently are: Monica@USEast and Monica@Azeroth.  I was formerly known as (VV)Passions in '99.
Friends on x86: I haven't really browsed the forum much before I made this thread, but out of what I skimmed I know PunK since I was like 12, and newby whom I talk to on betairc.
Computer: I'm not a huge gamer anymore, so I just bought a laptop to use in college for mediocre games, such as Counterstrike, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, and now I'm currently waiting for the release of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.  I don't play all these games anymore, but I may get on just when I'm bored.  Currently using a Toshiba Satellite with a dedicated card.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask.
Sometimes I want to go back to believing in everything; and knowing nothing at all.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:12:33 am »
Try not to get scared away.

Offline Monica

• Baby Asian
  • ~ Monica ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 01:14:40 am »
Scared away? By what? If you're talking about internet perverts.. I've been on Battle.Net since 99, I've had my times of being stalked and stuff.   :P
Sometimes I want to go back to believing in everything; and knowing nothing at all.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:24:41 am »
Haha.  Welcome.

I think he means by the nerds.  Most of us are pretty well behaved, but we've been known to "scare" some people away, if you know what I mean.

Cool @ the computer science courses!  It's about as cool as math! :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:31:41 am »
You can't call me a baby in my playground! Ha!

p.s. hi!

EDIT --

22:31 <Monica> Where's my 'HI MONICA, YOU OWN."?

Hi Monica! You own!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:33:30 am by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 01:34:58 am »
Scared away? By what? If you're talking about internet perverts.. I've been on Battle.Net since 99, I've had my times of being stalked and stuff.   :P
No...by the evil people.  If you open any thread about politics (I highly recommend against this) you'll see exactly what I mean...and then never return.

Offline Monica

• Baby Asian
  • ~ Monica ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:38:01 am »
@Sidoh: Oh, I'm asian.. I'm pretty sure that makes me a nerd as well.  Besides, nerds are awesome  8).  Math is alright.. I honestly don't remember the last thing I learned from Math classes, haha.. but I was pretty balanced grade-wise in all subjects in High School.  Hope it's the same in College.

@Newby: Quiet you overgrown baby!  I guess I'm the bully in your little playground eh?

@Rabbit: Ah, well.. I'm not very interested in Politics.  Perhaps I should just make a bullshit thread about politics just to see their reaction? That sounds quite amusing.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 01:39:58 am »
@Newby: Quiet you overgrown baby!  I guess I'm the bully in your little playground eh?

@Rabbit: Ah, well.. I'm not very interested in Politics.  Perhaps I should just make a bullshit thread about politics just to see their reaction? That sounds quite amusing.

No. You're the bully that follows me around. :(

And what rabbit meant was that politics here is just a flame fest. If you're not interested in politics, we won't spark your interest here. :P

And since you pestered me enough, your custom title is 'Baby Asian' because you're younger than I am and because you're as much of a "baby' as I am in that regard.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:43:15 am by Newby »
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 02:00:30 am »
@Sidoh: Oh, I'm asian.. I'm pretty sure that makes me a nerd as well.  Besides, nerds are awesome  8).  Math is alright.. I honestly don't remember the last thing I learned from Math classes, haha.. but I was pretty balanced grade-wise in all subjects in High School.  Hope it's the same in College.

Haha, probably.  We have a rather atypical Asian regular here, so my stereotype has been distorted.  He's beefier than most white people I know, and could probably kick most of their asses in sports too.

If you're a nerd and you like nerds, you'll of course fit in well here.

Definitely consider taking some math classes while you're in college.  I promise it gets more interesting than Calculus. :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 02:04:03 am »
Male or female?
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Monica

• Baby Asian
  • ~ Monica ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 02:09:17 am »
@Newby: Good boy. Better listen to me or else I'll kick your ass.  Meh, child abuse..
@Sidoh: Oh? A fellow asian? Who is he?  I was born in the U.S. so I'm rather curious about people of my own heritage.. I've been deprived of asians since young.  The college I'm attending is full of asians though, it's pretty big on math/science/medical.  And yeah, I plan to take some math classes but for freshman year I'm taking an easy math: Pre-Calc! (or at least, something equivalent.) Which I already took in High School, but all I did was play cards in there.. my teacher even baked us brownies and cookies.  Quite boring if I say so myself.
@Warrior:  Are you illiterate or just plain stupid?  I'm pretty sure Monica is a female name, and even so.. iirc it says female in my profile AND in the thread. L2Read.  Either way, me being male or female is totally irrevelant to this discussion.  Yes- I said to ask more questions if you'd like, however; it was already stated to begin with.  Nice to meet you!

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 02:10:39 am »
Male or female?
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Monica

• Baby Asian
  • ~ Monica ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 02:11:56 am »
Male.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 02:12:15 am »
Just as I suspected

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:57 am »
And the mess is cleaned up. If you were removed legitimately, sorry. :)
- Newby