Author Topic: Boozefest!!  (Read 12989 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Boozefest!!
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 09:11:39 pm »
Dragonforce is speed metal, if you want an example.
I'd classify Dragonforce as more power/speed mix, at times.

DragonForce = serious power metal. Heh.

I've heard some stuff by Black Dahlia Murder, Carcass, and Sepultura on Chronix.  Me likey :)

The Black Dahlia Murder = melodic death metal.

Judging your comparison of Carcass to TBDM, I'm gonna assume you heard something off of Heartwork or Swansong. That's their melodic death metal era. They were originally grind.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 09:14:29 pm »
I'm a fan of Metalcore, even though it's not really metal.  Killswitch is great, especially in concert.  That's still the #1 concert I've been to, and I've been to an awful lot of concerts. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 09:19:18 pm »
What seperates Black and death metal is the keyboard. All black metal bands have to have a keyboard. It's in the memo.  But, yeah, normally black's screached, while death is grunted.

Annother name for the genre of "Grindcore" (And a less gay name at the same time) is "Noise." The noise genre ranges from bluegrass noise to industrial noise. Newby's defination's a good one. Annother band to look at is "Melt Banana."

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2006, 11:04:42 pm »
You people suck horribly at classifying metal bands. Aside from the fact that there's probably a dozen more retarded subgenres to list, it doesn't matter and only newby was anywhere near right.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2006, 11:34:16 pm »
What seperates Black and death metal is the keyboard. All black metal bands have to have a keyboard. It's in the memo.  But, yeah, normally black's screached, while death is grunted.
I've seen two black metal bands, and neither had a keyboard. 

You people suck horribly at classifying metal bands. Aside from the fact that there's probably a dozen more retarded subgenres to list, it doesn't matter and only newby was anywhere near right.
What I said was mostly a subset of what Newby said.  Nothing I said was wrong, but he elaborated a lot more. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 12:35:01 am »

Teach us, oh almighty music god.

But seriously, who cares?

I'm a fan of Metalcore, even though it's not really metal.  Killswitch is great, especially in concert.  That's still the #1 concert I've been to, and I've been to an awful lot of concerts. 

;D <3

I love Killswitch Engage.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 03:13:30 am »

I only elaborated on the ones iago mentioned. I didn't feel like mentioning goregrind, crust, viking, epic, atmospheric, doom, progressive, symphonic, folk, or any of that other crap that I do not listen to.

Well, I occasionally dabble in goregrind.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 04:18:14 am »
I guess they didn't get the damn memo. They're also putting the new cover on the TSP reports, that was covered in the same memo... :-\.. Yeah...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 08:15:53 am »
I guess they didn't get the damn memo. They're also putting the new cover on the TSP reports, that was covered in the same memo... :-\.. Yeah...
TPS* (stands for Test Product Specification and defined by IEEE, if you care)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 08:25:25 am »
iAGO, HOW DARE YOU?!  It's a quote from Office Space.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 09:29:03 am »
Yes, and in Office Space it's TPS reports (not TSP), which stands for Test Product Specifications.  It's an annoying software-development thing that nobody actually uses, which is why it was used in the movie. 

I find that knowing what an acronym stands for makes it a lot easier for me to remember it. 

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 01:45:25 pm »
Whoops.. :-[ I had me an typo! I meant for it to be "TPS" but I guess I hit the "S" before the "P". Sorry for the confusion. :-\

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 07:30:47 pm »
I first read that as TSB, which has to do with noted issues with cars.

Yeah, if you talk to any engineer who's been in the field for a little bit, they'll tell you some horrible stories. Newer companies or ones trying to be 'hip' don't require them anymore iirc.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 11:06:34 pm »
The hippest companies use TPS reports. 

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 12:11:46 am »
Although this is late in the topic, I acknowledge Dragonforce and approve.  They may now continue to release music.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...