Author Topic: Area 51: The Alien Interview  (Read 9870 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Area 51: The Alien Interview
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:20 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sK3AqFYAWQ

was more exciting then that video.

And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:19 pm »
Hey everybody, since nobody has mentioned this yet, you should watch the 3-minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs
Thanks!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 12:54:34 pm »
Hopefully everybody "got" my joke, since I was making fun of:

At least watch the 3 minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eY7R7Hjgs

Oh, and I feel so ignored in this thread : (

by posting the same link.

Just makin' sure!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:34 pm »

Just makin' sure!

Yeah, I figured I'd extend it. :P

That was a good one, though :)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 03:20:27 pm »

Just makin' sure!
Lmfao.  You're a weirdo.

Either way, lmfao @ this video.  This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Lol @ those who believe this is true!
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 03:24:50 pm »
This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Exaggerate much? :P

trust

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 10:21:43 pm »
I watched the entire documentary and don't see why everyone here is quick to label it as fraudulent. Aside from the orgin of the videotape, everything matched up with what Victor had said. One of the most interesting points made in the video, I thought, was when they mentioned the alien being behind the glass - that's not something your normal hoaxster would have thought of.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 10:35:39 pm »
I watched the entire documentary and don't see why everyone here is quick to label it as fraudulent. Aside from the orgin of the videotape, everything matched up with what Victor had said. One of the most interesting points made in the video, I thought, was when they mentioned the alien being behind the glass - that's not something your normal hoaxster would have thought of.

I think it looks really fake.  That's why I'm so quick to dismiss it as a hoax.  I think the only opinions that mattered much (the others had points which were obvious, presumptive, hopeful or relatively irrelevant) were the ones of the special effect artists, one of which said he was willing to stake his entire reputation when saying it was a fake (not to mention that guy was the one who did special effects for Babylon 5, officially making him a badass).

What Ender brought up is what I was trying to get at, but didn't go into nearly enough detail.  It is enormously unlikely that an alien would bear that much similarity to a human form.  It appeared to be a bipedal; it had two eyes, a nose and a mouth.  Way too humany for me to buy.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:37:45 pm by Sidoh »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 11:02:08 pm »
Lmfao.  You're a weirdo.

Either way, lmfao @ this video.  This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Lol @ those who believe this is true!
We really have to start a laugh-counter. That's +3 already!

I think it looks really fake.  That's why I'm so quick to dismiss it as a hoax.  I think the only opinions that mattered much (the others had points which were obvious, presumptive, hopeful or relatively irrelevant) were the ones of the special effect artists, one of which said he was willing to stake his entire reputation when saying it was a fake (not to mention that guy was the one who did special effects for Babylon 5, officially making him a badass).

What Ender brought up is what I was trying to get at, but didn't go into nearly enough detail.  It is enormously unlikely that an alien would bear that much similarity to a human form.  It appeared to be a bipedal; it had two eyes, a nose and a mouth.  Way too humany for me to buy.
I don't think it's totally unreasonable to believe that the human-shaped form can be shared by humans and aliens. There might be some reason that humans were forced to develop intelligence which might relate to our shape, would would explain why it would be shared by other intelligent beings. You could be right, but I don't think that's sufficient cause to doubt it :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 11:16:34 pm »
I don't think it's totally unreasonable to believe that the human-shaped form can be shared by humans and aliens. There might be some reason that humans were forced to develop intelligence which might relate to our shape, would would explain why it would be shared by other intelligent beings. You could be right, but I don't think that's sufficient cause to doubt it :)

I considered that as well and I suppose it's worth mentioning, but I didn't feel like bringing it up. :P

I still think it's more than reasonable to use it as an argument. :P

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 05:56:11 am »
*cries*

I'm not supposed to be the punching bag...

We have Joe for that.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57:38 am »

I think it's really just our hands that make us "intelligent".

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 10:19:12 am »
This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Exaggerate much? :P
Not really... the persons voice, the music in the background, the fact that he said he could hardly stand watching this supposidly alien being looked at by the doctors, the fact that they said a telepath was there talking with the alien.  It was all just stupid and far-fetched.  I don't believe it at all and the whole thing was just stupid.  It seriously was one of the dumbest, if not the dumbest, thing I have ever seen.  But then again, I tend to avoid things that I feel are going to be stupid.
Lmfao.  You're a weirdo.

We really have to start a laugh-counter. That's +3 already!
would explain why it would be shared by other intelligent beings. You could be right, but I don't think that's sufficient cause to doubt it :)
So mean to Brandon. :(
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 01:29:11 pm »
Not really... the persons voice, the music in the background, the fact that he said he could hardly stand watching this supposidly alien being looked at by the doctors, the fact that they said a telepath was there talking with the alien.  It was all just stupid and far-fetched.  I don't believe it at all and the whole thing was just stupid.  It seriously was one of the dumbest, if not the dumbest, thing I have ever seen.  But then again, I tend to avoid things that I feel are going to be stupid.

You're a terribly sheltered boy, then. :(

<iago edit> fixed a broken tag
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 01:52:41 pm by iago »

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 02:32:27 pm »

You're a terribly sheltered boy, then. :(

<iago edit> fixed a broken tag
I'm not though. :P  Just because I don't like wasting my time on stupid-not-even-funny things doesn't mean I am sheltered.
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus