Author Topic: 300  (Read 7849 times)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Re: 300
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 12:08:48 pm »
Xerxes?  I think that was their attempt to be historically accurate.  That wasn't their aim, but making something that profoundly incorrect would completely spoil the movie for anyone who knew the real story.  Leonidas said earlier in the movie "[...] And before this battle is over, they will know that even a God King can bleed."  He did exactly that.
That also annoyed me.  Wouldn't he have bled when he was getting all those piercings?  :-\
errr... something like that...

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 01:36:43 pm »

Xerxes?  I think that was their attempt to be historically accurate.  That wasn't their aim, but making something that profoundly incorrect would completely spoil the movie for anyone who knew the real story.  Leonidas said earlier in the movie "[...] And before this battle is over, they will know that even a God King can bleed."  He did exactly that.

well i wanted to see his guts fall out

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 01:37:30 am »
That also annoyed me.  Wouldn't he have bled when he was getting all those piercings?  :-\

I don't think that he meant "bleed" in a literal sense, though that's what was achieved by the end of the movie.  His goal was to prove to Xerxes that he wasn't the immortal ruler of the earth and that he didn't have the right to induce tyranny and war in otherwise peaceful nations.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 02:05:39 am »
I don't think that he meant "bleed" in a literal sense, though that's what was achieved by the end of the movie.  His goal was to prove to Xerxes that he wasn't the immortal ruler of the earth and that he didn't have the right to induce tyranny and war in otherwise peaceful nations.
Pft... that's what they want you to think. :P

Maybe Xerxes did all the piercings himself, and his people never saw him bleed, so they thought he was invincible. Yeah, that's it.  ;D
errr... something like that...